Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Depression

My divorce was finalized this month. He didn't want to go through with the divorce but I just felt like it was too broken to be fixed. Then a week before our divorce was finalized he told me he was already seeing someone new. Any emotions I thought I had under control just came flooding out. He's moved on and I'm just here feeling lost. He was telling me how much he loved me and wanted to make it work but was also talking to a new chick making sure he had someone ready if it didn't work with me. I know I'm better off but I just feel so alone

Re: Depression

The end result is still the same. YOU ARE FREE!

Free from someone who blatantly lied to you and strung you along (perhaps ‘guilted’ you when you chose to leave him?)

He’s a liar. That’s his problem.

You are well rid of him.

Time to look forwards, not backwards now. Hello shiny new future!

I am sorry that you are feeling this way.

You know, sometimes men are like that. You know you are better off without him. I'd just feel sorry for that poor woman who is getting pulled into his mess.

After my divorce I was also sad and depressed at times, even thought I filed for the divorce. I just had to work through those feelings, I've come out the other side and am so so happy now!!

You can do it!
Good luck!
Kelly

How did you get through it. I am so sad. Just broken.

We went to therapy together, and separately. Nothing has changed. He agrees with therapist to things I have said to him for years and years and years but he would not listen to me. Suddenly the therapist says the same things I said and he magically understands.

That is just complete disregard and disrespect to me. His answer to everything is "we need to see the therapist". And then nothing changes once we leave the session.

I have no hope that he will improve.

Hi Angie.
I’m lost as well. And my husband has a girlfriend, and we are separated only 6 months. Some part of me knows it was the best decision to file for divorce. The problem is the rest of me doesn’t want to believe it. I feel so sad. And so lost. And he is happy in his new relationship. Of course, a woman from his job. This is my first attempt to join a support group. I’m am looking into yoga. I’m exhausted. But I know someday I’ll find light at the end of this dark tunnel. I’m here to talk. Seems like we are in the same place.