Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Divorce

So I’m 50 and found out my husband was having affair with a 23 year old co-worker . He’s 55. He told me over the phone and my poor 25 year old daughter found out right before and made him tell me. I told him I didn’t want him to come home. So met a week later when said he would answer all my quesr And still loved me. The next day my daughter found out he took the girl to a baseball game. I was going to leave him anyway due to the age and disgusted. But moving ahead… He is living with girl last 2 months while I was getting papers drawn up to divorce and he could sign what I asked for but wants to be “friends”??? Like wth. Why? And I am still heartbroken and have bad days. Today being one of them. How do I stop thinking about him and the 23yr old. I am so mad at myself for letting them ruin my days but not sure what to do.. I have been trying to keep busy with my adult kids and grandkids. I am going to block him completely and let him have her. They deserve each other. But until papers finalized by judge and he gets his crap out I haven’t yet. What can I do to make myself stop thinking of him? Not worth it.

Re: Divorce

What a fu$king creep he is! Dating a young girl who is younger than his own daughter?! Yuk…

Robyn, it would be good if you could arrange some counselling sessions for you and also, separately, for your daughter. It’s a lot to handle without emotional support.

Your daughter sounds like a fabulous young lady. What a rock. She clearly had your back by insisting he told you about his adultery. Good on her x

Be kind to yourself hun. He may be having a midlife crisis and be thinking with his dick, but it’s important for you to focus on the practical elements by seeing a lawyer, getting counselling and seeing your doctor, if needed, re: sleeping tablets or anti-depressants maybe (if you feel they’re needed)?

Be the best version of you that you can be :) Hold your head up high and keep looking forwards, not backwards. Write a journal about your feelings. Read, listen to music, go for walks, do yoga maybe, burn photos of him (!) -Whatever makes you feel better.

Other than sex, I doubt they have much in common to talk about. In 10 years time, she’ll only be 33, but he’ll be 65! When she’s 43, he’ll be 75! I’ll doubt she’ll want to have sec with him then?! The two sluts deserve each other…

Re: Divorce

God, I really hate that men can be so stereotypical. What a piece of garbage. It obviously is not personal because he doesn’t care who he hurts. To put your daughter to position to have to look at her father that way, to harm you in that way, the way that society would view it… he is beyond selfish. I can’t imagine any of his fellow employees find it to be too respectful.

I’m sure that this young girl knew that he was in a relationship and didn’t care. I’m so sorry for what they have done to you. At least you can hold your head up high and spend time with your family, work on making yourself happy and being selfish as well.

I know they’re taking up room in your head and I don’t blame you, how could it not. But if it helps at all, they are both going to live in a hell that they created. She’s always gonna wonder if he’s cheating, she can never quit her job, because now she knows that that’s where he finds his mistresses. I would assume with that level of age difference, there’s some financial gain in it for her? If so, he knows that she’ll leave him for a wealthier man because she’s just in it for the money. Not only will they never be happy together, but every lesson they’ve learned from this affair will haunt them. When his partner tells him some thing that he once used as a lie in your relationship while he was having this affair, he’s going to wonder if they’re having an affair. And same thing with her, she’s destroyed her own happiness because now she knows how affairs work, how easy they can analyze that are told to accomplish it.

You’ve participated in the relationship and done your part, you’re a healthy person that doesn’t look outside of the relationship. I’m sure you’re grieving, I imagine the grief will end. And you will be able to live a healthy happy fulfilled life.