Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Feeling so depressed and I’m the one that wants out

I am in the same place as the rest of you. I feel like I have finally made the decision, and have been suffering a migraine for three days now. I know it is the right decision, but just cannot bring myself to do it - to say it. Like many of you, I just can't bring myself to hurt him that way, even though for over 25 years he has hurt me and the kids (emotionally) and not given a care in the world. It is only now, when I asked for a separation, that he agreed to get therapy and is trying to change. I have been asking him for 25 years. How do I say this to him? What words do I use? Every time I see him he sobs and begs and pleads for me to give him a chance - I just don't have it in me any more. My kids are also grown, so I don't have to worry anymore about custody or any of that, thankfully. But breaking someone's heart will just kill me.

Re: Feeling so depressed and I’m the one that wants out

So many of us in the same boat. I’ve been married only 5 years (no kids, no assests) I paid my retainer fee on a lawyer and now my husband wants marriage counseling. I was all in to get out but he was just crying and I couldn’t find the strength to tell him I’m done. So I said yes to marriage counselling. I’m worried leaving him will completely destroy his faith in God. I’m not religious myself but he is a strong believer