Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Am I rushing it?

We were friends for 3 years went through hell together got married 7 months ago but haven’t felt deeply happy since the beginning even not before, he is very kind but has a bad temper, he speaks offensive sometime, a lot, he doesn’t care where we are and in front of who we are if I say something he doesn’t like he shouts at me, I’m always the one to blame like literally always, he says you make me this way, he tells me that I can’t give him the peace he’s looking for in life, I live in a culture that man pays for like everything but because he said that my culture is not that way I have been working hard to pay half of the rent which is very high, my mother pays for my doctor or clothes or anything I’d like to buy or need to do, he pays the bills and pays for food and grocery doesn’t have a stable job, doesn’t have a car, I do, now when I tell him that it’s difficult for me to pay the rent and it’s not in my culture but I’m doing it anyways he gets angry and aggressive and says if I knew this before I wouldn’t have gotten married now, so literally I’m in hell, we had a huge huge fight where he called his mom like a baby and Called my mom asked to talk with my dada and my dad said no this time bring your family and we all talk. He refused and called me and yelled and screamed his longs out that you belittled me, you ruined everything, I mean I’m sick of being blamed for literally everything. When we’re okay I’m his jar of happiness when we’re not I’m the reason he doesn’t have peace. Any thoughts ?

Re: Am I rushing it?

Divorce him asap hun. I don’t say that flippantly/lightly, but you haven’t been together very long and already he’s being abusive towards you, belittling you and your feelings, blaming you for things he’s done (gaslighting you) and humiliating you in public. These are all strong signs that he won’t change. A leopard doesn’t change its spots. Run…

Re: Am I rushing it?

if you can get out, do. i was with someone like that for 32 years, and it will never get better, maybe worse.
make a plan for how you can handle the bills, support yourself, know where to get help if you need it, turn to your family if they can help.
men like that treat us nice part of the time so we like them and feel loved. but they only care about themselves and they want their life a certain way, and get angry and scream when it's not. they didn't learn to really generously care for others.
i hope you can leave, and i hope things work out for you!