Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex is stonewalling

What am I to do? Ex is stonewalling divorce proceedings. We were to do a notice to disclose. Did mine and sent it off to my lawyer. But the ex hasnt done anything. He is behind in filing our personal taxes. How do I let this go. I just want things to move on. It feels like wont let go. And this is his tactic to prolong things. And the cost of a lawyer may bankrupt me. Suggestions please!

Re: Ex is stonewalling

I went through the same thing with an ex, Who had a lot more money than I did so the lawyer fees didn’t affect him in nearly the same way. I fired my lawyer and went pro se (representing myself) and just paid him for advice. Then I would e-mail his lawyer with logical necessary questions. I included the l paralegal. And would verify that I understood the answer after they replied. I asked one question at a time. His lawyer fees got to be so much and I think that was part of the reason we finally discussed privately.

I’m sorry you’re going through that, the legal system is such a joke and so frustrating and hard to navigate. It seems geared towards harming good people while hurtful people use it as a weapon. I’m sure he’s doing it deliberately to get under your skin.