Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Don’t leave because of the kids….

This sounds like a very difficult situation. It seems as though your husband is verbally/emotionally abusing everyone in the household which could warrant a call to children and youth (or whatever your local child protective service is called). You are in a position to protect your children, however there clearly are concerns about leaving given his volatile temper and aggressive outbursts. Do you know of any women's shelters in the area? They can be an excellent resource for women in this type of situation.

I think the fact that you are considering if you leave the children will be left with your husband alone is a valid concern and one that likely keeps many women in relationships that are not good. Yours appears to be somewhat of an extreme situation in that there is clearly abuse occurring and you are one of the victims. I honestly would suggest starting with a women's shelter and looking for an attorney who can handle a case like this. The shelter may even have resources for exactly this situation.

I wish you the best of luck - stay safe.