Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Living together while getting a divorce...

So, I have finally said I wanted a divorce and even though we were living apart for a short time, my husband has returned to the family home. Now, I am going to have to live with him until this is all over. I am really struggling to keep my head about me, this is very hard and he keeps begging me to stay and reconsider, etc. One of the things that drives me absolutely nuts about him is his pestering.... I don't anticipate being able to move anywhere until after the new year, I am hoping someone can offer some advise on how to get through this and keep my sanity.

Re: Living together while getting a divorce...

My ex- and I lived together during our divorce and after until we were able to sell the house, which was about five months.

I moved into the guest room and bathroom. We kind of just did our own thing. I worked to keep it pleasant and non-divisive. I was getting what I wanted, the divorce, which he did not want. My only suggestion, is that it sounds like you also are getting what you want, so "play nice" so that things will go as smoothly as possible.

If it gets too much, go to your room or leave the house for a while.

Good luck! You can do it!
Kelly