Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Feeling replaced

I'm so sorry for you, it must hurt and I'm dreading this when it happens to me although I'm sure it's not far away.
I feel silly too as I left him.
The self talk I give myself I will now give you....
You arent the right fit with him,you aren't being replaced,you are irreplaceable. You are worthy of love for who you are.
I hate to say it but he is probably desperate for attention, it says more about him that he has moved on so quickly. You take your time to heal.
All the best

The divorce is 1 year old today. I left him too. He started dating last August. I feel completely replaced. I didn’t leave him because I didn’t love him. I left because he always made me feel unloved and replaceable. He ignored me and withheld intimacy. I left for my own sanity. We were married 28 years. I am feeling I will never be enough for anyone.

My understanding is long term relationships will take a few years to truly heal. So take your time and work on you. I’ve seen this with some of my friends ex’s and I feel like moving in too quick is a coping mechanism. My friends father actually remarried 5 months after his divorce 😱! Just keep working on you and good vibes.

I have almost the exact same situation. Married 26 years. I moved out in August because he can't do emotional connection. Unbeknownst to me, he was on dating websites within 2 weeks, even though we were talking about if we could repair into October. I found out about it in December when I discovered he has a serious girlfriend. The divorce is final this week. It hurts so much!