Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help

I am on the second month of separation from my husband. I initiated this divorce last summer and it has been hell. I have two young kids. He just came back into town from work and my anxiety levels went through the roof immediately. I asked him twice, through email and text, to please stay in his car when he came to pick the kids up. He ignored these boundaries and came directly up to my door. I immediately panicked and felt unsafe. No, he has never hit me but I've developed a very bad feeling around him lately.

I then email my sister and she proceeds to gaslight me, call me a liar and question why I think my husband would murder me (her words, not mine). She told me how I bulldozed into her life with all my drama and she can't handle it anymore. I feel utterly betrayed. I feel shamed. I have been crying for 3 days straight. I don't have any other friends, which my sister told me it's my fault because people don't like my drama and "they're scared of you," and I'm estranged from other family members.

I am so sad, alone, hurt. Please, I'm just looking for someone to say they understand. I feel crazy that I don't feel safe around him, despite experiencing no domestic violence. I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm breaking.

Re: Help

Sometimes people will not understand you when your hurt. Sometimes you netter off sharing your stories with strangers than family members.
In my opinion keep the family out of your journey seek professional counseling and move on

Re: Help

Thank you, I agree...wishing you the best in your situation. Don't betray yourself for the comfort of others. Our children are resilient and learn from us what to tolerate in relationships.