Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It has been 3 months

It has been 3 months that my ex husband passed away due to a heart problem even though I am the one that decide to file the divorce 2 years ago and till his passing he did not want to sign off the divorce papers..
( 33 yrs of marriage )
Why every time I think of you now that he passed away I cry and get sad 😔
But I did not feel sad when he was alive
When I think about him I get very emotional sad .
He was only 65yrs old .
Why am I feeling this way?
The reason I filed for divorce he was a hard person to live with , some how controlling etc…
Is it Normal for me to feel Sad 😢 when someone mention his name ?

Re: It has been 3 months

I think it is normal. Plus 33 years is a long time to be with someone. Maybe you miss how it could’ve been if he’d been different. It’s okay. Feelings aren’t right or wrong - they just are.

Hi Toni
Thank you for replying
And I also did not see, talked to him for the last 2 years even though at times he was texting me telling that he was very sick and I did not believed him or respond to it.

I was there at the hospital till the end of his life when he got admitted in the hospital :((

Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year 🙏

It is understandable why you did not believe him. Because he had been so hard to live with and controlling, it probably seemed like he was using that as an excuse. I think it was kind that you even went to the hospital. You are a strong woman. Happy New Year to you also!