Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Try to make it work if you can

Not long, only 2 months

I'm also separated and wondering if reconciliation is an option. But there was infidelity on his side and I don't know how to get over that.

I am in your boat
It’s only after leaving I’ve realised I was the main problem it’s a very painful situation

This is what I keep trying to explain to my husband who initiated the divorce 3 months ago and really wants it to be as quick and smooth as possible. I told him I wouldn’t fight in court and make it miserable for us both because he says he doesn’t love me anymore but I don’t believe him. Together 6 years, he asked me out 4 times and I kept saying no until finally I said yes and then we had a Disney fairytale marriage until covid hit.

I now realize my mistakes, thought it was all him the whole time until a few weeks ago and am dying for another chance a clean slate. Made a grand gesture to try to get one last shot and he said he appreciated it all and accepts my apology but he’s not changing his mind.

I think it’s a huge mistake and it hurts so much to know the problems I’ve caused and that it’s too late now. I can’t change his mind and I don’t think anything will except letting him go and hoping he realizes I’m a good loyal person who just went through a lot of trauma and didn’t take care of my mental health. No cheating, abuse, gambling, kids…nothing. We could reconcile so easily….I’m so sad.

I don't think it's as simple as all of that. People's (mine) feeling change, people change. Sometimes no matter how long you work at it you can't change the way you feel if the love you one felt is gone. I've been in marriage counseling for a really long time, over two years. Yes communication is better. We don't for like we used to. But love is only one sided. At what point do you call it. It's not easy.