Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Did you tell spouse all the reasons you are leaving or just tell them you are leaving ?

I am in the feeling guilty phase and can relate to your post. I was trying to not be hurtful and list all of the reasons and tell him that it all adds up to me thinking he is a loser and I have no respect for him. He was not satisfied with my watered down reasons so I did have to go a little more harsh than I wanted to but still held back so much. I told him on January 25th and have the movers coming Feb. 4th to move him and my step sons into an apartment I leased for them. My guilt is going to cost me a fortune on top of the emotional toll. He can’t afford a 2 bedroom apartment so I will probably get stuck covering the rent for the year. After that he will be on his own. It’s not my fault that he has no ambition and has never saved any money despite living in my house for 6 years rent free, driving an SUV I paid for and paying less than a 1/4 of the utilities and groceries. Of course he is laying on the guilt that I am ruining his life and his kids lives and it’s getting to me. I understand you having doubts now that you are not living day to day with the reasons you left him but we have to remember we did not come to our decisions without very strong reasons. The rebuilding of a new life is scary and difficult and I not able to look much past next week at this point.