Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Feeling guilty

That is rough! Have you and him considered individual therapy? I know. How that goes though.. he has to be willing to put in work and that’s IF the distance isn’t too far gone to even consider reconciling. I think it’s healthy to feel some kind of guilt which shows you’re a kind and compassionate person but still have boundaries. I’m sorry you guys have to be around each other that long before the move, that’s got to be a very stressful living situstion. Did this come out of the blue or have you guys been struggling for a while? As far as trying to handle the guilt, journaling helps me quite a bit. Not very detailed journaling, I usually bullet point my feelings I’m having in the moment and where they are stemming from. It helps a ton. Also individual therapy weekly for me.

Re: Feeling guilty

I am in individual therapy, he is definitely not open to that. There are some fundamental differences in our characters that I have realized are not going to change with all the therapy non the world. I thought I could “fix” him with love, support and security. I think he thought so too. I think the timing and lack of warning surprised him but Inthink we both always knew we weren’t a match.