Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Having a tough time

Ooof I don’t feel strong, Helena! Thank you so much for podcast recommendations, I will absolutely check those out.

I think we all have to deal with the grief of losing the life and the future we thought we would have. Our marriages were not what we hoped and dreamed them to be so we are grieving a fantasy. For me it also embarrassment and beating myself up that I made such a bad choice in a husband and allowed him to take advantage of my generosity and willingness to look the other way for so long. I haven’t even told my mother, sister or adult children yet because I know they all knew it was a mistake to marry him. I’m going back into therapy because it’s a lot to process. Keep reaching out and don’t expect it to be easy in the short term, have faith it will allow you to a have a much better future of your own design.

Thank you for your thoughtful response, Lee.
I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through a tough time too. Don’t be afraid to share, your family may have questioned your initial decision but I’m sure they would like to be here for you to support you through challenging times. Wishing you all of the best.

I too am having a tough time while being so glad. I am most upset that my son has to deal with his parents being divorced. And I’m so relieved to be out of the situation I was in. I have an educated & healing therapist who reminds me how hard divorce is and that she is so proud of me. Thanks to all for sharing.