Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: On the fence

I agree with Mabel.

Nothing you have discribed is okay. You need to protect yourself, do what you need to do to get out safely and take care of yourself.

It won't get better, he's already lied to you, hidden things from you, verbally and emotionally abused you and threatened physical violence.

I think you need to cut your losses and get out.

Good luck,
Kelly

Re: On the fence

We have a very similar situation. My husband and I have been married for 18 years. During this time, I suffered a lot of emotional abuse from my husband, as well as an incident when he pointed a knife at me. He’s an alcoholic and when he’s drunk, that’s when he gets his rage and calls me names and says horrible things about me, like screwing up his life. He gets triggered with everything too. Temper is thru the roof. He'd rather drink or play video games than sleep with me. While I tried to wait until my youngest turns 18 and there is still hope that maybe he'll change but this isn't possible. Dealing with him has exhausted me. I make more than him and I shoulder all the expenses. I recently discovered he is hiding money from me. I manage our finances but he only gives me $1300 a month. We file taxes separately but found his W2 and tried to figure out the numbers, and there is no way he could only afford to give me that much. If my calculations were right he is at least keeping 2K/month from me. I worked 2 jobs for a decade just to make ends meet and I discover this. He claims he is disabled and threatens me that if I file for divorce, he will fight it, ask for child and spousal support. Every penny I make I spend for my family. I don't have anything saved. What are my options?