Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Starting over

Kathleen-

You are wrong.

You are strong. I left my marriage of 27yrs. You are strong b/c you stayed for so long. You are strong because you had the determination, courage and strength to leave. You had the strength to jump into the unknown. I am with you. Every day is scary. I have daily anxiety/panic attacks. I got myself a good therapist. I made a daily plan and i write down on a sheet of paper my accomplishments for that day. Even if it just me getting out of bed. You are strong because you realized that getting out of the marriage was the right thing to do.

You can scream at me now because i felt the same was you are feeling. Terrified. Broken. Not knowing if i’ll survive. But i survived 27yrs. And i’m only 49. We are all strong because we saved ourselves from the chaos.

Begin to live a gentle life. I had to look that up to understand it. Read books about it. Each day is hard. But I tell myself being terrified and free is better than being terrified and trapped.

Re: Starting over

Sorry. Should have read it Closer that he left. Apologies. But i wonder if you can take this time to get a therapist and work on things. I still know you are terrified. But i wonder what new doors will be opened for you now. Apologies again. But. Even tho you are terrified, use it as strength to get back at him. File for divorce. And make sure you take and get everything so he is left with nothing.