Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex Husband Refinancing marital home and buying me out.Question about WHEN I have to leave

In the decree I was allowed to stay in the home with my childrne and my husband was given 90 days to refinance. He has not communicated, failed to refinance on time. Today, 3 weeks after he was to refinance a title company called and said they are all set with his refinance and they can send someone over with a notary on Saturday for me to sign. When do I have to physically leave? He told my kids we have to be out on Saturday (It is Wednesday night) Can I ask for a doc signed by him saying I have 14 days to vacate or I will not sign the paperwork on Saturday.4 kids, 4 dogs, 4,000 square foot house....I have sent emails and texts to my attorney, but honestly she checked out when the divorce was signed (It was horrible, filed in 2019, final Sept 2022...domestic violence, ppos)

Re: Ex Husband Refinancing marital home and buying me out.Question about WHEN I have to leave

He didn’t get it done in 90 days & was 3 weeks late. So tell him you need at least 3 weeks or more. Take your time.

Re: Ex Husband Refinancing marital home and buying me out.Question about WHEN I have to leave

Just wanted to add that you can tell the notary Saturday doesn’t work for you & you’ll have to get back with them next week. Let the kids know they can tell their dad that he will have to contact you directly because they won’t relay messages for him. Hopefully your attorney will get back with you because I’m sure they need all the positive reviews they can get. Maybe add a - I was getting a review ready to post for you but I have one more question I need answered with your next email to them. Stay strong & demand the time you need.