Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I miss my best friend

As toxic as things have been, I can't seem to stop calling or texting him for longer than my weak resolve lasts. I tell him I want a divorce, then I try to talk to him. It makes no sense. Anyone else relate?

Re: I miss my best friend

Yes, I have been divorced for two years waiting for my ex to get it together. I miss him every day. He just told me today that he could not get back together as he is to broken and afraid of us emotionally hurting each other. I was texting and calling him the last month going about a week between each as that is as long as I could take not hearing from him. Till tonight, he told me crying he just couldn’t do it. I told him I understood and that I wouldn’t call or text him anymore. Hardest thing I have ever had to do next to the divorce. I am so depressed, crying, waking up at 4 am every night and no being able to go back to sleep. I don’t know how I am going to make it through this.

I miss mine, too. My bf changed and isn’t the same person he once was. I mourn who he was, but I’ve accepted that he isn’t coming back. It has taken 10 months of a lot of work. Some days, that was me just getting out of bed. Other days, I flourished. Today, I am full of anxiety and still in pjs. Keep going forward, even if all you do is breathe that day. Hang in there. Looking back, I can see my personal growth and how I have been going through the grieving process. You are not alone.

I totally get this. I am definitely better off without him. Too much drinking, anger issues, lazy, financially way beyond irresponsible. But, I miss talking to him, laughing with him. I’m trying to stop the texting because he either gets angry or tells me he loves me and it’s just not healthy. I feel like I could be friends but it’s not really realistic.

I feel that way too. I feel so lonely. I've been out of the marriage since Jan. 5th. And he is so cruel. We had been married 30 years. I feel like a fool for having put up with so much garbage over the years but there were good times too, and I felt like I had a home and a family. Now I'm living in a barn while he's in my beautiful house, won't sell, and I have to take him to court. Where did my husband go and who is this monster who has taken his place?