Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Letting go

I have been divorced for two years waiting for my ex to get it together. I miss him every day. He just told me today that he could not get back together as he is to broken and afraid of us emotionally hurting each other. I was texting and calling him the last month going about a week between each as that is as long as I could take not hearing from him. Till tonight, he told me crying he just couldn’t do it. I told him I understood and that I wouldn’t call or text him anymore. Hardest thing I have ever had to do next to the divorce. I am so depressed, crying, waking up at 4 am every night and no being able to go back to sleep. I don’t know how I am going to make it through this.

Re: Letting go

Your situation sounds a lot like what my situation will be like in 2 years. My husband asked for a divorce and I think it’s a mistake. I told him I would rather have him as a friend than not in my life at all and he agreed because he told me he doesn’t love me anymore. Everyone is telling me to move on and let it go but I can’t. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I would give you my number but I don’t want to post it publicly.

Re: Letting go

Let go and emotionally detach yourself now. There’s a YouTube channel called Therapy in a Nutshell that’s been very helpful to me in just working on myself. It’s not a divorce specific content however it’s helping somehow.