Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cheating husband

In my opinion you are doing the right thing by leaving him. And you are absolutely correct about “who knows”. Even if it was (doubtful) the first time - do you think you’d ever trust him again?

Mine cheated 15 years ago. I was so in love with him. I just wanted him back. Here I am 15 years later. About a year ago found out it's been going on the whole time and worse. My experience, once a cheater..... Wish I had left then. I wasn't strong enough. Filed about a year ago. Still live with him. Hoping to be divorced within a few months. Get out while you can. I grieve for those years I can't get back. Live for you. Be well.

I kicked my cheating husband out 4 days ago. It’s raw emotion at the moment but I know I can’t give it another try even if he wanted to. The trust has gone. He lied to me so much and Ive been suspicious for so long it’s been eating me up. The truth is unbearable but better than another wasted set of years with a man who treats me with such contempt.

I am sorry you are going through that. Initially finding out is awful. All I can share is to tell you that I wish so very much that I had left the first time it happened. I spent over 2 decades of my life in an unhealty situation. Sincerely wish I could get those years back. Grieving for that time that I could have been spent loving ME. Instead of trying to fix him. Time helps. Your realization sounds fresh. Be good to yourself. Thanks for sharing.