Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Am I too broken to be normal?

After 30 years married, running several very successful businesses together, and being an integral part of our small town, my husband decided the day after our son's high graduation that he would rather be with the woman he'd been having an affair with. Two months later my son left for college across the country. The world and life as I knew it ended. His parting words...you added nothing of value to my life. That was 5 years ago and healing still isn't complete. Healing has come slow, but it has come. About 4 months ago my first relationship since the divorce, became intimate. But I fear we are both a bit too broken. He deals with PTSD that causes erectile dysfunction and I can't seem to organism without using a vibrator. Neither of us are interested in ever marrying again, but we are both very human and need some kind of intimate human connection. Has anyone else faced this problem and overcome it? How?

Re: Am I too broken to be normal?

Perhaps see a sex therapist together if there's one in your area. Sounds like you both have been through some tramatic stuff, but that doesn't mean sex has to be over with or trouble. Sex starts in the brain first. Second of all, orgasms with only vibrators are completely normal for many women. You are not broken! Vibrators are great tools with operators that know how to use them. Keep it up, and enjoy your sexuality! Above all it's yours whether your partner can fully participate in it or not.

Re: Am I too broken to be normal?

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, there are no sex therapists in small town Wyoming. if you know of any books to help fix what is definitely in my head, please throw a title my way.