Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need an exit strategy

Found out my husband is having an affair… (killing me inside). He fully supports the family and I need an exit strategy before I file for divorce. Any advice?

Re: I need an exit strategy

Do you want him to know where you're going? First find an attorney in or near the area you'll be living until you're on your feet. Have your mail forwarded tool
I believe in simply packing up everything possible and leaving while the POS is at work. Then use each day to keep removing more and more of your belongings, Make sure you withdraw as much as you can from your or his checking account BEFORE you have your attorney serve him with divorce papers. I hope this helps. Thats all I can suggest since there were no children involved when I left the satanic midget. You may also need to keep a safe or send important documents to a relative just in case you're divorcing a psychopath that snoops through all your things including beauty magazines to find out what you're up to.

Buy gift cards with grocery money on credit card to stock away for later.
Pull cash out and store if possible.
Make sure you know how much liquid saving you have BEFORE you area to separate or mention divorce. Separation at least in CA starts the day you initiate by asking.
Research and find job quick. Alimony and child support is a joke!
Store your jewelry and other valuable household items somewhere where he can't remember to claim them.
Make sure you have at least $30K to spend on divorce.

I'm sorry you are going through this.

I agree with other suggestions. You need an attorney. Do all of your homework and planning, don't tell him anything or let on. I only told my ex- the day after my attorney filed the divorce papers. She made a new will for me; power of attorney to my sister, etc.

You are entitled to half of the joint funds. I moved funds into an account in just my name right before I told him that I was filing. Start putting away some cash. I would get cash back every time I went to the grocery store.

Remove your personal valuables, make copies of all financial documents,

make sure you have everything set up for yourself, then file and then tell him.

Good luck!
Kelly