Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feeling stuck

After the pandemic I naively thought Mt husband and I would recover, together. That'd we'd realize collectively the unhealthy nature our relationship had become while being locked inside.

I was wrong.

He had an affair - I'm unsure to the extent - after I returned to work. He moved out, but we decided to stay together and try to work on us, while him promising change. Nothing changed and he got worse. It all came to a head when he assaulted me.

Emotionally I had known it was time. I felt no connection for so long that regardless of the end of the relationship, it felt like it was over long before.

Now I'm struggling to figure out how to reconnect with others. I'm confident in myself, but I'm unsure how or if I will have connection again. We'd been together for so long and I just feel....alone.

Re: Feeling stuck

I get it. I understand the feeling of being stuck. Hang in there. It will get better. You will be able to make connection again. You're processing now.

Re: Feeling stuck

I hear you. It's been so long for me since I felt normal, or even dressed up and looked nice. I've really let myself go in so many ways. I need to get back to who I was, or a newer, better version, and reconnect with people slowly. I have always had a hard time making and keeping friends, something I need to really be honest about and explore with a therapist - my next priority - and I'd like to figure out comfortable ways to meet people I have things in common with. My husband and I were so incompatible, we did not like any of the same things at all. I hated his music. His movies. His politics. Everything. And vice versa. It'll be nice to talk to anyone I have anything in common with again. So, I suggest you find something in common with someone by joining a group concerned with a hobby or interest, and that should help you start up a conversation at the very least. Good luck!