Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Divorce, abuse, accountability and moving on

Thank you for sharing and I’m so happy for you and congrats with the new hubby!!! I’m 15 years in and we both are unhappy. I want out and so does he. I’mthe one that’s employed and I just want to get this over with. I’m embarrassed I’m 45 and this is happening. Like I missed my 30’s with him and 1/2 the 40’s. I’m not perfect. Never cheated. Either one of us but his lack of motivation and drive and inability to love because of his past and the loss of a (parent) basically make him unable to care. I was coming out of a relationship when I met him and it was fun. Excited and different. And I jumped out of the pot and into the skillet. I hate it. I am just so miserable. I know he probably is too but I’m bitter and destroyed inside and can’t worry about how he feels. But BUT congrats again and thanks for the advice. Accountability is KEY

Re: Divorce, abuse, accountability and moving on

Wow, I think we're married to the same guy! Mine was also destroyed because of his siblings dying when he was a teen, but he used it as an excuse for his poor treatment of me and everyone else. He was unmotivated and such a disappointment to me too in every way. He was a freaking English teacher and I'm a writer, yet he had no interest at all in my writing. I mean, would not even look, and if I begged him for feedback, he'd tear my writing to pieces. My husband is emotionally unavailable and was never once there for me through a lot of serious stuff with my health, and now that my sisters and I have had a falling out, he decides to divorce me. So, I'm alone, but hey, it's better than being with him. Hooray! I know what you mean about being destroyed inside, but I'm just dismissing anything that reminds me of him or our time together, and that's helping already. For you, and for me, the sooner we put it all behind us, the sooner we can heal. Good luck, and congrats.