Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sad

I’m sorry for you. Acceptance is the start. Good for you. How long have you been separated? It has been 5 months for me. Stay strong. It’s our journey to travel.

I feel your pain. I found out my husband has been cheating on me for the past 12 years out of a 16 year marriage. It gets better all his infidelity produced a child who is 3 now. After finding all this out 2 years ago I still wanted our marriage to work. We tried marriage counseling and one on one counseling but unfortunately that hasn't worked. Today makes a week that he told me he can't continue this lie and that he doesn't love me anymore but prior to that he told me he loved me and slept with me. I'm so sad,confused,angry and disappointed.

Forgot to mention that he is looking for an apartment with her and when I confronted him about having a girlfriend he said no. Eventhough I have the proof along with the birthday card that she just gave him last week. The woman he had a baby with was a coworker and now the woman that he's with is also a coworker. I guess he's never heard of the saying don't shot where you eat. I wonder how HR would feel about this info since he's her boss.

I’m so sorry. Here’s a quote that’s helping me. “ Rejection is God’s protection.” Also, check out the Mel Robbin’s podcast on Spotify. I’m trying to stay busy, exercise, hang with friends and make a new life. You can do this. You have the ability to get money since he cheated on you.

Hang in there. You deserve better! You got this!

Thanks! I live in Jersey so I've been told our state is a no fault state. But once lawyers get involved I will definitely bring that up along with all the evidence that I've been collecting over the years.

Where do you find new friends and people to talk to? I don’t have any friends after ten years in an abusive marriage

Do you have an activity you enjoy? I play pickleball and meet people each time I play. Join a club or church and that will help.

So sorry. That's so hurtful. I understand. My husband is leaving me too. We've been together for seven. Unlike you, though, we were pretty miserable the whole time, so it's very much a relief. But, it still hurts. The thought, oh, I'm not good enough? He wants something or someone else? That floors me, but then I realize that doesn't mean I'm bad or unworthy. He just prefers someone or something different. And I do too. So, it's okay. I'm really sorry though that you were blindsided like that. I was in a way too, but deep down, I knew we were headed there. Please message me if you ever need to chat. :)

Thank you. We were best friends and still talk regularly. He just wasn’t in love anymore and didn’t believe in counseling. I’m just a friend to him but we have the exact same interests and a beautiful family and house that we built. It doesn’t make sense. He just felt he wasn’t excited to see me or hug me at end of day but enjoys my company.
So sorry you’re going through the hardships. If you both know you’re better off, then that’s a positive, but it’s still a loss.