Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Depressed husband walked out on all of his life

Are you still here? Going through something similar.

What is it with these men? My husband is like a totally different person now too. He left a 22 year marriage and kids for a fast playboy lifestyle. He barely provides and has bounced checks. I just started the paperwork & he took a way lower paying job. He was always there for me and now it’s like he’s dead & someone else took his place. I can totally relate and I’m sorry you’re going through this!

My husband of 24 and 1/2 years up and decided he no longer wants to deal with the stress of being at our house and he told everybody that we grew apart which is a lie and then he continues to give me different excuses of why he's leaving. He tells me he wants me to be in his life because I'm his best friend and I mean a lot to him. He still was living with me until we can find a place. He tells me about women he's chatting with and Compares me to them and tells me I look better than most 35-year-olds out there I'm about to be 43 and he is 39 I believe he's going through a midlife crisis but like all men he feels that he is clear thinking. He asked me if we could take care of each other's needs until he leaves which is not fair to me and he told me he doesn't want me to feel any way about it which it doesn't happen I can't bring myself to do that. He has been my best friend and actually my only friend for our whole relationship and I don't know how to live without him all I want to do is hold them and I don't know how to get out of that way of thinking. We have two kids and custody of one of our nieces and they are all deeply affected by this but he doesn't care he says he needs to be happy in life it is so heartbreaking I am sorry for anyone going through this.

Shannon
My husband of 24 and 1/2 years up and decided he no longer wants to deal with the stress of being at our house and he told everybody that we grew apart which is a lie and then he continues to give me different excuses of why he's leaving. He tells me he wants me to be in his life because I'm his best friend and I mean a lot to him. He still was living with me until we can find a place. He tells me about women he's chatting with and Compares me to them and tells me I look better than most 35-year-olds out there I'm about to be 43 and he is 39 I believe he's going through a midlife crisis but like all men he feels that he is clear thinking. He asked me if we could take care of each other's needs until he leaves which is not fair to me and he told me he doesn't want me to feel any way about it which it doesn't happen I can't bring myself to do that. He has been my best friend and actually my only friend for our whole relationship and I don't know how to live without him all I want to do is hold them and I don't know how to get out of that way of thinking. We have two kids and custody of one of our nieces and they are all deeply affected by this but he doesn't care he says he needs to be happy in life it is so heartbreaking I am sorry for anyone going through this.
I really hope someone is out there to talk to on here it is hard to talk to anybody that doesn't know what I'm going through.

I'm so sorry. Sounds like my soon to be ex. I truly believe they are going through a midlife crisis. Hope he is getting therapy for his depression. My ex went, but didn't help and still went through with divorce. Hang in there.