Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Severe anxiety and bipolar

After 24 and a half years he comes to me and tells me it is over he wants to be happy in life and he's looking for something that he can't find in me. He tells me he wants me to be in his life because I'm his best friend and his only friend really. He also tells me I mean a lot to him and he doesn't want to lose that. He hasn't been outside of our house in almost 20 years but now all of a sudden he can go places by himself without me. He is planning on moving out so he can live alone because he tells me that he just doesn't like being at our house it makes him feel depressed. We have two children together and custody of our niece and they are all heartbroken over this and crushed. He doesn't care about their feelings when they try to tell him how they feel he tells them that they are just trying to get in the way of his happiness. He then asks me if we can take care of each other's sexual needs until he moves out but he doesn't want me to feel anything for him. He also said to me that when he gets his own place he wants me to come down to it and Kristen all of the rooms with him. When I tell him that he needs to move out now he tells me no and that I can't tell him what to do but it is killing me to see him on the phone chatting with other women. He also shows me pictures of these women and he Compares them to me and tells me that I am better looking than most 35 year olds out there I will be 43 he also sends my picture to these women to show them what I look like I am so confused about it anybody that could help I would love to hear from you.

Re: Severe anxiety and bipolar

Your husband is sick and he needs help. Ask him if he’s willing to seek therapy. I wouldn’t fulfill any of his physical needs as you have no idea if he’s already gone outside of the marriage and you need to protect your own health. I’m so sorry that he’s behaving this way. Tell him to stop sharing your picture now as that’s rude and inconsiderate of him. A good therapist would be able to give you even better advice.

I don't fill any of his needs not since he told me but the fact that he says all different kinds of stuff and tells me I shouldn't be upset that they need to be strong for him really hurts tells me on his best friend and his only friend but I can say he has been my only and best friend for all of these years I don't have anybody else which is why it makes it so hard

I’m so sad for you and the kids. Unfortunately he does sound like he’s sick and should seek therapy first.
Don’t take it to heart because this is not you, it is all him.
Living with a person who isn’t well is not your fault. Try to stay calm and sane for your children and your own health.

Thank you Casey I am trying to stay strong for me and my kids it has been super hard though like I said he's still living with me waiting for the house to come available in our area and I have done everything for him for all of these years so it is hard to not want to do those things anymore I really feel like I am messed up in the head because I only want to be with him cuz this is so out of character for him