Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is it better to live separate with narcissistic husband than divorcing

I have 1year old baby and I am not sure if I have to divorce my Narcissist husband or stay legally separate with boundaries for sake of my baby as he is been given the visit rights to visit my child. I am worried if he will use my child against me and worried about if he will come back to me even after divorcing ? I also want to know if he stops visiting my child does it mean he will never return ? Can anybody please help me on how to communicate with Narcissist because he threatens me with my past relationship

Re: Is it better to live separate with narcissistic husband than divorcing

There are all sorts of videos on YouTube on how to deal with a Narcissist & it’d be good to talk with a therapist if you can to help you because my first inclination is to get the divorce

Babies and children are better off not being around someone with npd. They wont know the difference as they grow. Staying and having them watch you suffer will have a negative impact on them. My advice. If he has npd. Leave now. Do. Not. Wait. I waited 20+yrs and the impact of living/surviving being with someone who has npd has irrevocably changed me and my children. See a psychologist. Then a lawyer.

I have divorced my narcissistic husband but he has refused to leave the house until it is sold. So we are living separately in the same house, not speaking and having 2 kids at home. The house has been on the market over a year. I'm going out of my mind, I don't know what to do. Please help.

Stay strong resilient and on your purpose.
Focus focus focus.
M 58 divorced.
All the vest.

I was in the same boat.
But trust and believe in you.
Keep pushing forward
So much I learned
Keep going just keep going.

Thanks Mick that's just what I needed to hear. He's doing everything he can to get at me through the children or money. I just get worn down by it all. Sorry to hear that you went through it too, I hope it worked out well for you.