Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
He texted me that he wanted a divorce

My husband and I have been living separately after a 20+ year marriage and 2 kids. The last few years, he became more angry, negative, and it was not a healthy situation anymore. He moved away. I hoped he would wake up and get the help he needed. Nope. A few days ago, he texted me while I was at work and wrote “I want a divorce.” I get that this is where we are, but it hurts like hell. I feel like this was just heartless to do over text and to do it when he knows I’m working. I haven’t responded yet. I don’t know what to say. I don’t want to get into an argument but I’d like to address the heartlessness of how he did this. I don’t know. I’m hurting.

Re: He texted me that he wanted a divorce

I know. I know. Men are cruel when it comes to divorce. I feel like I’m being so reasonable but my husband has changed so much it’s like “who are you dude?!” I feel like hell and have fleeting thoughts like why do I exist if this is my life after 20 years of marriage. It’s lonely especially when “the good times” memories pop in your head. So if it comes to divorce - I’m sorry - try to be strong hope it works out amicably for you’re sanity