Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recently divorced after 20 years together

I don’t know. I’be been separated for a year and a half about 25 years married. I have been going through the stages of grief like a pinball machine. If it helps, I’m doing better than I was a year ago. I just keep working on myself. Is there a divorce group you can join by you?

Hi, I've been married 28 years. Just finally separated for good from husband after giving it one more chance last year. Very strange feeling as I have been with the majority of my adult life. Going through stages of loss, anger, sadness, days that I am relieved that it is over, wishing I would have called it quits 10 years ago. Not sure if any of you have felt this way?

I've been married almost 20 years and certainly feel like I should have called it quits 10 years ago. However, I also haven't found the courage to take the steps that you have taken. I am afraid of the pain it will cause my children. I wish I could know how to take those first steps and have those first conversations. I am struggling to find a support group that isn't linked to a church.

Thank you for sharing here. It gives me the courage to follow my heart and try work on building myself too

Did you join a support group? Or have family or friends who supported you through the divorce? I found this chat-room looking for a support group. I am not hugely religious and the only support groups available seem to be via churches.

I have been married almost 20 years and want a divorce. Is it normal to be terrified to take that step? I just don't know how to. I feel like a terrible person, but I just can't anymore. I feel so lonely and unhappy in my marriage. I don't want to hurt my kids and I am afraid of what friends will say and do. How long do I have to be on my own before I can go on a date without been labelled a "slut". At what point do you choose yourself over what seems to be "the right thing to do". I am only just realizing now how isolated I am in my marriage. I feel like I should have at least one or two close girl friends who can help me though this. How is it that I have no close friends? I've just never had any friends that my husband approved of. How does one start making friends after 40years of age? If anyone has any advice about taking that initial step, please help.

I was with my Ex husband for over 27years. Separated for about 3 years trying to see if we could make it work before finally divorcing. Before we divorced he had already started seeing someone else who he is still with and never told me about until they had been together for a year. It took him no time to move on and be happy with his life. Our 2 kids live with me and I support them completely with no assist from him. He doesn't offer it. I can't even imagine being with another person or being in a relationship. Still trying to figure myself out. I seriously struggle with the anger I feel towards him and don't know how to let it go. He's moved on like our marriage never happened and I can't figure out what to do with my life.