2 HVY BTY RA NOTICE BOARD

WELCOME TO 2nd BATTERY RA NOTICE BOARD IF YOU WERE IN 2BTY RA OR ATTACHED PLEASE FEEL FREE TO USE IT

2 HVY BTY RA NOTICE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hello

Hi there mick

Hope this finds you well, see you went to Larkhill for the firepower display, saw some photo's from the day as you say pretty impressive. I took part in one some 40 years ago I think the latest piece of equipment then was the abbott spg, which I think was still undergoing trials at the time, and the 105 pack howitzer. I remember Grafenwehr, especially the journey to and from, and getting choked with dust from crossing the ranges to get to the camp. The burning question one has to ask is did the CO flog his beret and if so how much did he get.

The only other thing I can remember about the place was all those guys running around in squads chanting, and of course the fact that Elvis had been there a fews years earlier. Don't remember playing cricket, but do remember the time on the 4th of July we had to play 15 Msl Det at softball on the football pitch at Paderborn Have you been to the 24 site lately there are a lot of photo's mainly 76 or 51 but do seem to be able to recognise a few of them.

regards

frank

regards

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hello chaps just checking that you are all still about

web site don't seem to be finding any body else maybe i need to do something to brighten it up so if theres anything you would like to see on here let me know

went to larkhill couple of weeks ago watch firepower pretty impresive the way things have change is unbeleivable

like watching stuff from starwars

read your mems on other site frank

i rember grafenwehr could sell any thing to the yanks co said anybody else loses any uniform they will get 7 days next day co lost his beret don't know if he done 7 days

though used to ride round the camp making the saracen engine

whine and all the yanks came tearing out to take pics so i used to go round and round

remember when we played them cricket every time they hit the ball they threw the ball away

ihpe you dont mind me writing 0n here that way i keep in touch with you all

dont forget if thers any thing you would like to see on the site let me know

all the best mick(scobie)