2 HVY BTY RA NOTICE BOARD

WELCOME TO 2nd BATTERY RA NOTICE BOARD IF YOU WERE IN 2BTY RA OR ATTACHED PLEASE FEEL FREE TO USE IT

2 HVY BTY RA NOTICE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: tom day

Hiya

Just flicking through your site and noticed your reference to Tom Day. Tom was a WO2 in 2 Battery on the old eight inch guns. Beleive he served in Nienburg, Paderborn and Dortmund. He was a close friend of Harry Hutchinson, Willy Fitzsimmons, Joe Yallop etc.

Drop him a note and I am sure he will update you.

Greetings from Sussexd

Stephen

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

got e-mail from tom day the other day

all it said was tom day paderborn and before ha ha

know the name can't put a face to it though

anybody got any ideas

Re: tom day

Hi Mick
You will know that I did my time in 2 Bty from 1964-69 at Paderborn. However I also did time in 24 Medium Regt at Wyvern Barracks,Luneburg from March 1956-June 1957 in 128 & HQ Btys. At that time there was a Bombardier Tom Day in 2 Bty whom I knew.(The BSM of 2 Bty then was Paddy McCann). COULD THIS BE THE TOM DAY?!! I was then a L/Bdr on the Regtl Police until leaving with a draft to 29 Field Regt to sail to Cyprus. Hoping this may be of interest.
Cheers from Ross

Re: Re: tom day

I was in 2 Bty MT Section 1959 to late 1964 Nienburg -Paderborn Tom Day was a Bdr who made Sgt.and took charge of an 8" Howizer around 1963/4 Period..I`m unsure but I think he took over from either Sgt.Lawrence or Sgt.Entwhistle