2 HVY BTY RA NOTICE BOARD

WELCOME TO 2nd BATTERY RA NOTICE BOARD IF YOU WERE IN 2BTY RA OR ATTACHED PLEASE FEEL FREE TO USE IT

Forum: 2 HVY BTY RA NOTICE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Derek Pickett

It is with great regret that I have today learned that Derek Pickett died last Wednesday after a short illness very bravely borne.
I worked with Derek for three years in the 2nd Hvy Bty survey party along with Bob Stackhouse and Keith Gaunt.
It was Derek who introduced me to the art of computing a survey traverse while partaking refreshments ensconced in a warm and friendly Guest Haus!
It was when I first phoned Derek a few weeks ago that he told me he had just found out he had terminal cancer. I'm sure that the fact that Bob, Keith and I were able to contact him, helped cheer him up in his final days.
The funeral will be held in early January near Nottingham. Bob Stackhouse hopes to be able to attend, and if anyone else who knew Derek lives nearby I'm sure Bob would like to meet up on the day as he won't know anyone else there.
I will post details of the furneral on this web site sometime next week, and will also send them to Mick.

Derek completed 22 years in the Army, and reached the rank of Sergeant.
He was for many years involved with the Sealed Knot Society, which is involved with historic battle re-enactment.
All of us who knew Derek will I'm sure be thinking
of his wife and family at this tragic loss of a Fine and decent guy.

Mike Insall

Email  
Re: Derek Pickett - by mick beazley - Dec 17, 2005 5:05am
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains