Ginger's Forum

Welcome back to Ginger's Forum!

Ginger's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum back in business!

Hi Everyone, I have really missed getting together with you on this forum. I hope we can meet up again and post for fun and creativity...promising as best as I can to stay away from politics...will take that activity elsewhere even though it's not easy for me.. will require extreme discipline on my part!...

I hope we can get this going again...will start contacting all of you.. it's a fresh start.. all of the old posts have been deleted.

Re: Forum back in business!

Thanks for inviting me back, Ginger! I look forward to reconnecting with everyone! Happy New Year to all and I wish everyone health, happiness, and prosperity in 2012!

Where are you from? Mississippi

Hello Ginger and Jean! Happy New Year to both!
Thank you Ginger for letting me know the forum is back. It will be great to be in touch again after a long time.
How's the Winter in your States/ Cities? We are having a hot Summer here in Southern Brazil. It is not usual to have temperatures above 30C where I live but this year we are having them. Our part of the State is having a drought too while in another States there are terrible floodings. Crazy weather everywhere.
Sorry about my poor English... I seldom write in English lately and just speak it when we travel abroad.
Many hugs to all.... it ia very nice to hear from you.

Where are you from? Brasil

Hello Ginger,

Thank you for the heads up and invitation back to your forum. It will be good to talk to old friends again and hopefully meet some new ones. Have to say I have missed the people and the exchanges we used to have. So let's hope it can be re-created. Best wishes to all for 2012.

Peter

Where are you from? England

Peter, Iara, and Jean.. so good to hear from you!

Iara, your English is great. I fear to think how I would be able to communicate in another country.. I might could survive, England, Ireland, or Australia.. ha

We have had a mild winter so far in my part of Missouri, just outside of Kansas City. We had our first snow today. It was kind of pitiful...barely an inch, the grass was peeping out of the snow.. ..ha ..I was out and about all afternoon so it didn't affect driving conditions, but wonder of wonders our schools closed....kind of wimpy I thought, but they say it was because of some of the icy roads and the wind chill factor this morning--whatever.. !

Hello to everyone. It's good to have the forum back so we can re-connect.

I look forward to sharing opinions on movies, TV, books (oh, yes, they still exist in their original form, LOL), music, and anything else except politics and religion.

Happy New Year to all!

Where are you from? Ardmore, Pennsylvania

Hi Gloria, great to hear from you. I've been trying to stick with books more.. okay, I'm "in" to conspiracy theories so those and true crime are definitely NOT off limits.. ha.. The book I'm reading now is "Blood, Money, and Power" ...How LBJ killed JFK"...another theory, of course, but curious , none the less."...by Barr McClellan

Hey, you know me, Ginger: A true crime fan all the way. I haven't seen many new ones lately, so I'll have to look for the one you mentioned. (Maybe Ann Rule retired?) Of course, I've heard the theories about LBJ being behind JFK's assassination, but I don't believe I've heard of this one.

Gloria, I am kind of behind on my Anne Rule books, but I think she is still writing. She has a website called annerules.com, I think. I do have the one about the Green River Killer - Green River Running Red I think it is called, but I haven't read it yet.

The author of Blood, Money, & Power is Barr McClellan. His son, Scott McClellan had been a press secretary for George Bush (the younger Bush)...I'm thinking this Scott McClellan is the one who came out with a Bush bashing book a few years ago regarding his time as press secretary. I might be wrong on this though... will check it out.

The book is a new one and just came out in 2011. There is info at wikipedia.com about Barr McClellan. He was on a law firm that was closely associated with Lyndon Johnson and the Democratic Party in Texas...

I had not realized that Lyndon Johnson had suffered from such severe depression after he left office, and I guess the theory is that he was carrying around a lot of guilt.

I will look for that McClellan book, Ginger. I did read Ann Rule's "Green River" book a while ago, and like most of her books, it's very good. Nothing like a serial killer to keep you and me happy, eh?

Incidentally, I did know of LBJ's depression after he left office, but my understanding was that it was due to his not being able to end the war in VietNam.

I guess we'll never know for sure.

Gloria,I'm sure LBJ was depressed about his failure to end the Vietnam war and also being so overwhelmed and knowing that he couldn't win another election. It was probably a combination of a lot of bad and dark stuff. They say he started looking almost hippie like for a while, with his hair growing long. Sad, really.

Yeah, those Ann Rule books are good night time reading..sweet dreams.. LOL