Ginger's Forum

Welcome back to Ginger's Forum!

Ginger's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bonhoeffer, Agent of Grace

I'm planning on watching Bonhoeffer, Agent of Grace, this week-end. Has anyone here seen it? It is about Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a German clergyman of great distinction who opposes Hitler and the Nazis. His convictions caused him to be hanged by the Nazis on April 9, 1945, less than a month before the end of the war. I'll try to write a review after watching it.

Re: Bonhoeffer, Agent of Grace

Ginger, Is this on TV and what time and channel? I read a book of his recently for a class that I was taking.

Where are you from? ~Tennessee

Tonja, welcome to the message board.. so happy to have you here!...It is on dvd. I checked it out from our church library last week. I've watched about the first 30 minutes of it. It is very good. I need to try and finish it tonight because it's due back tomorrow.

I have not seen it but agree it would be an inspiring viewing. I recall reading that it won an Award at - of all places - the MUNICH Film Festival. Along with the enormous success in Germany a few years back of the biopic of Sophie Scholl who was beheaded by the Gestapo for running the White Rose resistance movement from Munich University during the War, it shows that most of today's generaration of Germans are prepared to face the reality of the Nazi past and condemn it.

Bonhoeffer was a very brave man indeed, and to think that he was executed only 2 weeks before American troops liberated the camp. So close to surviving.

Kerry

Kerry, I just got chills reading your post.. can't wait to finish the film.