Ginger's Forum

Welcome back to Ginger's Forum!

Ginger's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
About Cars

What year did Studebaker introduce snap-on fender skirts?

Where are you from? Brasil

Re: About Cars

Iara:

I'm going with 1934 (and no, I wasn't here then!).

I loved Studebaker cars. I learned to drive in a 1951 Studebaker that belonged to a family friend, who taught me. At that time his car was at least 6 years old, but I loved it. It was the model that looked so alike in the front and back, that I always said you didn't know if the car was coming or going!

I am a car aficionado and am just about to go the 2012 International Auto Show in Philadelphia in a few weeks. I try to go every year, if possible. The car I have now, a 2003 Monte Carlo, I first saw at the auto show and fell in love with it.

In my home office I have models of a 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk and a 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2-door hardtop. I think 1957 was one of the best years for cars and have seen '57s at classic car shows I've attended.

Where are you from? Ardmore, Pennsylvania

Hello Gloria!!!! WOW!!!! It seems I knew you like cars so much when I posted the other day.
You are correct!!! Thank you for answering!
When Ginger allows us to put pictures here you could show us your car and the pictures you have in your home office.
What year did you start to drive? I started to drive at 14 years old ( without a license ), 50 years ago!!! At the time my father owned a Sinca Chambord car, it was sooooo beautiful.

Iara:

I don't have pictures of the 1957 cars I mentioned. I have small models of the cars. They're great. The doors open, the wheels turn, even the trunk opens on the Studebaker! The Studebaker, which is kind of gold or dark tan and white, is 10" long, the Chevy Bel Air, in green and white, 8" long. They're on my book shelves, where I can see them when I'm at the computer.

My father and I learned to drive at the same time, since he'd never had a car until we both bought a used 1953 Pontiac Chieftain in 1955. Boy, did I love that car! I was 16, still in high school, but worked at a summer job that year to earn enough money to pay half for the car, and my dad was 49 and paid the other half! Then we proceeded to argue as to who got to drive it most of the time, LOL.

Where are you from? Ardmore, Pennsylvania

Loved to read what you wrote Gloria... it is so good to remember the old times , isn't it?
Who could drive the most part of the time? You or your father? LOL
My father let me to drive at 14 because my mother didn't drive and if I could drive I would take her to the places she needed to go so she wouldnt bother him LOL
The town we lived was small and just had one police officer so I was not fined.

Where are you from? Brasil

I remember the days when I could actually identify every car on the road - I was about 10 years old and remember that I could do that. I can't tell what's what anymore! ha.

Iara, I have a post above that explains how to post photos, cartoons, videos, here.. if questions, ask here or email.. thanks