Ginger's Forum

Welcome back to Ginger's Forum!

Ginger's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Twilight Zone

Netflix has the full schedule of twilight zone episodes or at least most of them, I think .. all in order by seasons. I love these shows, especially Rod Serling's beautifully written commentaries regarding each episode. Episode one , Season 1 stars Earl Holliman caught within a nightmare in a town where nobody exists, and episode two is a great one with Ed Wynne, who gets a visit by Mr. Death...these are the greatest. Do you have a favorite? The one that really stands out in my mind is about the man who was constantly harrassed by his wife because he loved to read all the time, and then the inevitable happened - the world ended, nuclear attack , I think - and he was the only man left on earth and suddenly he found himself in the ruins of the library, and he realized he was in "heaven" until, alas, he broke his glasses..wow, that one really made an impression!...haven't gotten to that one yet.

Re: The Twilight Zone

Hard to select a favourite as I agree - that series was terrific. Season 1 that you mention had so many fascinating storylines. Richard Conte was in one episode from that season, where he was exhausted but believed if he fell asleep he would die and another had Roddy McDowall crashlanding on Mars in a spaceship and finding some ' nice' Martians - but are really nice ??

I have not seen them for decades and they have never run as repeats on free to air tv down here sadly.

Where are you from? Australia

Re: The Twilight Zone

Kerry,

I just watched that one with Richard Conte last night~ I had not remembered seeing it. There was a pretty racy dance by the "catwoman" from the circus. I was kind of surprised and didn't know they could get away with that in circa 1959 - but guess they could~ LOL..

I watched the one on Saturday night about the man who finally had all the time in the world to read. I had forgotten that Burgess Meredith played the man. It is so great to be able to watch them in sequence.