Return to Website

The BBSOnline Message Forum

Welcome to The Black Business Source Online Message Forum. This is your online message board. Post your messages for other members and visitors to view and make comments. Or, start an online discussion. Please refrain from profanity and respect all other users. We reserve the right to edit or remove message posts.

The BBSOnline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help minorities in Colorado Springs

I live in Colorado Springs and have an idea that I know will help a lot of minority business persons including allowing me to start a business of my own. I would like to open an "ethnic mall". I would like to try and unite the few ethnic retail merchants that are in Colorado Springs. My ethnic mall will help a lot of people here. Many businesses that have been Black owned have been driven out of the market because they could not make it alone. These people have retreated to working out of their homes and unless you know who they are and where they are, you cannot get to their services. Our minority businesses must pull together here.

The problem is, I need guidance. I have sent dozens of emails to every possible lead that I could think of. I have been using links mostly from the site "everythingblack.com". I am desperate and it is hard for me to believe that no one that is Black and successful will give me the time of day let alone the help that I need to get started.

I personally would like to open a "Women of Color" ladies dress shop featuring church wear. When I want to purchase clothing and shoes that most Black women enjoy wearing, I either have to call my family in DC to send items to me (I'm at the mercy of their discretion) or get in my car and drive to a major city east of the Mississippi. I have lived in Colorado Springs since 1995 and have yet to find anywhere here or Denver which offers fashions that Black women really enjoy wearing. When I went home this past summer, I went crazy shopping. Most women that saw me, be it a familiar person or stranger, were busy trying to take the shoes off my feet or the outfit off my back from the items that I brought on the east coast.

This is the bottom line and I don't mean to sound so needy but I am realistic. I am no different from most Black people. My husband and I have been married for 25 years and trying to keep our daughter in college. We have a second on our home that we lived in now for only 3 years and have had to keep things going sometimes with credit cards. This is called "debt". I am in need of INVESTORS that can see my vision. I need MENTORS that are willing to help me succeed as this will be my first time working for myself. I need a BUYER that understands what Women of Color enjoy wearing. I need GUIDANCE.

I am not asking for something for nothing; however, I cannot afford to join an association here or there in order to get someone who knows the ropes to help me get on my feet.

Yes, I have been to the SBA office and SCORE and the Black Chamber of Commerce but have yet to find a person that will truly take the time for me. I have even asked other business owners and they say that we can talk but, that never happens. I truly believe that I am on to something and therefore request your guidance and assistance.

Always In HIM,

Chandra Patterson

cp7190@ aol.com

(719) 596 3244

2728 Inspiration Drive Colorado Springs CO 80917

Re: Help minorities in Colorado Springs

We will advise you. No charge. No membership required.

African-American business, foreign government and youth services organization has commission sales and hourly wage positions for applicants all over the world. If you wish to reach Mrs. Dawkins or obtain information about The Matthias Group, International Bblack Bbank and the University of Transnational Economics, send mail to diplomaticgateways@hotmail.com. Also visit our temporary website at http://utetx.tripod.com. Full contact information is contained there, as well as a full description of this exceptional organization, offering advocacy, business training, wholesale products (from candy to diamonds) and business services to entrepreneurs, at-risk African-American and African youth (particularly gang members, prisoners and ex-offenders) and sustainable development services to African governments. We are seeking cooperations, alliances, affiliations and partnerships with wholesale suppliers, individual entrepreneurs, for-profit corporations, non profit organizations and African governments. Independent contractor commission rates vary beyond $2,000 per sale. Independent contractor hourly wages are $15-$40 per hour.

Our MISSION: To combat economic and educational marginalization of African-American youth and young adults through sovereign education, provocative curriculum, dynamic mentorship, open societal exchanges and proactive business initiatives, while designing sustainable infrastructure in their ancestral communities and providing professional services to small businesses, creating sustainable reservoirs of economic resilience and full access to global leadership and transnational trade partnerships for generations to come.

Your financial donations are welcome.

Diplomatic Gateways. Less Talk. More Action. Full Access. NOTHING LIKE IT ON EARTH!!!