Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Girls Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Girls Program

What’s the best girls program in New England?

Re: Girls Program

NA
I would say the Mass Spitfires currently hold that spot, if you are asking about youth hockey. I do not coach there but many of my players have come through their program in Foxboro.

Wait, weren’t you with the Breakers first?

NA
What is your criteria?
I would say Wizards would be pretty hard to argue with. They sent a team to Nationals at every age group in both tier 1 and tier 2 and currently list 24 girls as committed to play college hockey. Nationals and moving girls on is what most programs measure their success by. My daughter does not play there and we are very happy where we are as our program is much smaller. Many other programs have great birth years here and there but you don't see overall 14u to 19u consistent top ranked team like the Wizards have. They had a team in the MHR top 10 at every birth year tier 1 and 2. No other programs did that. Obviously BJE, Spits, Vipers, Mid Fairfield are all top notch programs. Assabet lost its way but used to carry the torch.

At U14 Lovell now has what may be the best 08 goalie in the country so be prepared to get spanked out there.

Shots on goal may always be lopsided but she will shut down everyone and deliver wins.

Consider yourself informed.

Scary.

But now I'm informed

Anon
At U14 Lovell now has what may be the best 08 goalie in the country so be prepared to get spanked out there.

Shots on goal may always be lopsided but she will shut down everyone and deliver wins.

There are multiple top 08 girl goalies in this area. Still, the best 08 girl I have seen is playing AAA boys in Detroit.

Anon

Gee thanks dad. Everybody's little Suzy is a superstar these days.

Anon

Thanks goalie Dad. That Lovell 08 team is not going to beat anyone. They took a bunch of Wizard rejects.

Anon

Stop being a fool. You took everyone's cast offs. Assabet, Wizards and BJEs 08 goalies are as good as it gets and will all play college hockey. You won't beat one of those teams.

anon
Anon

Stop being a fool. You took everyone's cast offs. Assabet, Wizards and BJEs 08 goalies are as good as it gets and will all play college hockey. You won't beat one of those teams.
Viper goalie tandem is probably best of the best...won nationals only allowing 6 goals in 6 games.

Anon
anon
Anon

Stop being a fool. You took everyone\'s cast offs. Assabet, Wizards and BJEs 08 goalies are as good as it gets and will all play college hockey. You won\'t beat one of those teams.
Viper goalie tandem is probably best of the best...won nationals only allowing 6 goals in 6 games.
More then twice the goals agaisnt of the other teams listed over the season. Not even close.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Stop being a fool. You took everyone\\\'s cast offs. Assabet, Wizards and BJEs 08 goalies are as good as it gets and will all play college hockey. You won\\\'t beat one of those teams.
More then twice the goals agaisnt of the other teams listed over the season. Not even close.
haha...thx Eagles Goalie Dad.

Could the Lovell and BJE goalie dad start their own thread and spare us the back and forth?
Thanks

Anon

Thanks Dad! hahaha

Stay away from the Islanders. It's a tier 2 program masquerading as bad tier 1. And SW will try and tell kids that they will only make top teams or play at AP if they pay for all of her over priced summer programs.

The Wizards own their building and the 14 16 and 19 coaches never change and are not anybody's dad, nobody offers the amount of ice for the price as they do.

Also thought it was interesting to see Assabet back strong at nats for U 14, old man in mothballs under new management, good for them.

Eagles rent ice and have a dad carousel for coaches.

Breakers are a joke, Spitfire woman tries hard but can't get quality talent. Nobody care about Vipers or Lovell in girls hockey

Anon from Avon
The Wizards own their building and the 14 16 and 19 coaches never change and are not anybody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s dad, nobody offers the amount of ice for the price as they do.

Also thought it was interesting to see Assabet back strong at nats for U 14, old man in mothballs under new management, good for them.

Breakers are a joke, Spitfire woman tries hard but can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get quality talent. Nobody care about Vipers or Lovell in girls hockey

Would like to know why wizards is able to stay at the top. Does it offer more ice time? Better coaching? Better/more skills? My daughter is with wizards now on a top team at a younger age. Honestly I don’t see anything special about the program yet except that they are able to attract lots of new players at tryout. And the owner seems to be a good guy.

Anon
Anon from Avon
The Wizards own their building and the 14 16 and 19 coaches never change and are not anybody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s dad, nobody offers the amount of ice for the price as they do.

Breakers are a joke, Spitfire woman tries hard but can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get quality talent. Nobody care about Vipers or Lovell in girls hockey

Would like to know why wizards is able to stay at the top. Does it offer more ice time? Better coaching? Better/more skills? My daughter is with wizards now on a top team at a younger age. Honestly I don’t see anything special about the program yet except that they are able to attract lots of new players at tryout. And the owner seems to be a good guy.
Best girls go there. Owner is a straight shooter. No daddy coaches. #1 and #2 teams at every birth year are competitive at a national level. Facilities are nice and location is good.

I'm interested to see what happens to the landscape now that NAHA is allowed to play in State tourney, can the tired concept of club/prep that dominates this region become obsolete?

Why pay the Wizards and Tabor all that cash if your kid can go to your public high school play 85 games for NAHA at a fraction of cost and get to the same place in the end?

They can recruit players in other regions which means a deeper roster than prep or club and their 19 club has as many D 1 players as anybody else including Nobles.

If I could have a redo I would be thinking this way

Anon
I'm interested to see what happens to the landscape now that NAHA is allowed to play in State tourney, can the tired concept of club/prep that dominates this region become obsolete?

Why pay the Wizards and Tabor all that cash if your kid can go to your public high school play 85 games for NAHA at a fraction of cost and get to the same place in the end?

They can recruit players in other regions which means a deeper roster than prep or club and their 19 club has as many D 1 players as anybody else including Nobles.

If I could have a redo I would be thinking this way
Why would it change anything? They currently go to Nationals which is the big prize and it hasn't changed anything. You think 20 girls per team that qualify for states is going to change the age old must do prep mentality. NAHA is by no means cheap. If a few more AP type models pop up you might be on to something.

I'm talking about individual players to start and BTW this was NAHA's first year at Nats and they didn't make the playoffs at 19 after winning the State.

Your the parent of a very good 8th grade local player, the kid will board at prep and play club, over 4 years that costs you depending on your income maybe 230kish? I'm guessing on NAHA tuition but lets say it's 10k per year and the kid goes to their local public.

NAHA turned out a Cornell and a Penn Sate player this year. Next year they have a Dartmouth and a Yale among others.

If your kid has game and you can save close to 200k to get to the same place, that's the point.

Anon from Avon
I'm talking about individual players to start and BTW this was NAHA's first year at Nats and they didn't make the playoffs at 19 after winning the State.

Your the parent of a very good 8th grade local player, the kid will board at prep and play club, over 4 years that costs you depending on your income maybe 230kish? I'm guessing on NAHA tuition but lets say it's 10k per year and the kid goes to their local public.

NAHA turned out a Cornell and a Penn Sate player this year. Next year they have a Dartmouth and a Yale among others.

If your kid has game and you can save close to 200k to get to the same place, that's the point.
NAHA is 25 grand chief.

I'm sure your W2 and your kids ability make it mute anyway Chief

Anon from Avon

NAHA is almost 40 grand with zero aid

Vipers just won the National title at 14U and 95% of that team is back. Cool story though.

Anon
Vipers just won the National title at 14U and 95% of that team is back. Cool story though.
Thanks dad. Congrats on your tier 2 title. Looking at MHR you couldn't beat the clubs in your back yard most of the season including at MA states? It also shows you lost your 1st two games at Nationals. What the hell kind of title is that?

anon
Anon
Thanks dad. Congrats on your tier 2 title. Looking at MHR you couldn't beat the clubs in your back yard most of the season including at MA states? It also shows you lost your 1st two games at Nationals. What the hell kind of title is that?
Im pretty sure you can't win a title at Nationals with 2 losses.

anon
Anon
Thanks dad. Congrats on your tier 2 title. Looking at MHR you couldn\\\'t beat the clubs in your back yard most of the season including at MA states? It also shows you lost your 1st two games at Nationals. What the hell kind of title is that?
The kind of title that you win after beating the Wizards in the Semis.

Anon
anon
Anon
Thanks dad. Congrats on your tier 2 title. Looking at MHR you couldn\\\\\\\'t beat the clubs in your back yard most of the season including at MA states? It also shows you lost your 1st two games at Nationals. What the hell kind of title is that?
The kind of title that you win after beating the Wizards in the Semis.
Looks like they beat you 3 -0 and you got beat the next game as well. What the hell kind of bracket were you in that you can lose 2 games and move on at a National event? Hey we went 3 and 2 and won a Natty!

anon
Anon
The kind that hangs a National Championship Banner.

Anon
You do realize the majority of the country doesn't separate their birth years right? When you go play tier 1 next year you will be playing 08s that played tier 1 last year. Some of the teams at tier 1 Nationals last year were almost all 08 teams. I think you might find the competition just a tad different.

The Wizards
Majority of the top girls end up there at some point and many girls follow to try and win states and nationals.

Anon
The Wizards
Majority of the top girls end up there at some point and many girls follow to try and win states and nationals.
What’s special about wizards that they are able to consistently attract top talents? Better coaching? Better recruiting? Better re****tion?

Anon
Anon
The Wizards
What’s special about wizards that they are able to consistently attract top talents? Better coaching? Better recruiting? Better re****tion?
Is it true they are allowing boys to play on their girls teams now?

So maybe certain programs are a little stronger than others. But who will have the best tier 1 team at each level next season ? U10, U12, U14, U16

Anon
So maybe certain programs are a little stronger than others. But who will have the best tier 1 team at each level next season ? U10, U12, U14, U16
Good God can we cut out the 10 and 12 diaper hockey please. As far as 14/16 the week after labor day you will know.

U10?? I guarantee this is a crazy new Assabet family.

Anon
U10?? I guarantee this is a crazy new Assabet family.
So only the older kids are important to you. That a really condescending point of view. What program are you with?

Seeing that half these kids were playing cross ice last year, it makes it pretty hard to gauge who’s the “best.” That being said, the older kids have a much longer track record and parents and coaches know what to expect on a day to day basis for the most part. Makes it much easier to gauge.

Anon.
Seeing that half these kids were playing cross ice last year, it makes it pretty hard to gauge who’s the “best.” That being said, the older kids have a much longer track record and parents and coaches know what to expect on a day to day basis for the most part. Makes it much easier to gauge.
That said, if you don't get your kid onto the top U8 or U10 team at the "better" orgs, good luck getting in at U14. Plenty of spots on the 2 and 3 team as long as your check clears!

Anon
Anon.
That said, if you don't get your kid onto the top U8 or U10 team at the "better" orgs, good luck getting in at U14. Plenty of spots on the 2 and 3 team as long as your check clears!
Play the highest level boys you can. Forces the girls to be better and faster. Head over to girls at U14. Zero reason to play girls at u-10 or u-12. Worthless.

anon
Anon
Anon.
That said, if you don\'t get your kid onto the top U8 or U10 team at the \"better\" orgs, good luck getting in at U14. Plenty of spots on the 2 and 3 team as long as your check clears!
Play the highest level boys you can. Forces the girls to be better and faster. Head over to girls at U14. Zero reason to play girls at u-10 or u-12. Worthless.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. No reason to even play girls hockey?!? Except maybe that girls have way more fun playing on a team with other girls rather than being the only girl on a boys team. This here people is a person that is in it for themselves not their kid. When you take the fun out of the experience what’s the point? Besides many of the top girls play high level boys hockey in addition to their girls program. Find a team with a good group of girls and coaches that will actually know how to develop you daughter and she will do great. Don’t ruin your kids childhood experience to satisfy your own ego because they are only kids once and it goes by so fast.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon.
That said, if you don\\\'t get your kid onto the top U8 or U10 team at the \\\"better\\\" orgs, good luck getting in at U14. Plenty of spots on the 2 and 3 team as long as your check clears!
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. No reason to even play girls hockey?!? Except maybe that girls have way more fun playing on a team with other girls rather than being the only girl on a boys team. This here people is a person that is in it for themselves not their kid. When you take the fun out of the experience what’s the point? Besides many of the top girls play high level boys hockey in addition to their girls program. Find a team with a good group of girls and coaches that will actually know how to develop you daughter and she will do great. Don’t ruin your kids childhood experience to satisfy your own ego because they are only kids once and it goes by so fast.
Agree with the original comment. Boys hockey is far better and there really isn't any reason to devide the genders at 10 and 12. My kid still has all the fun she wants including her dance parties right at home with her friends. BTW there are 4 girls on her boys team.

Don't worry yourselves about it. We are about four years away from being unable to refer to them as boys and girls and the whole dboard is going to have to be rewritten.

Sorry your androgynous offspring got cut!

4 girls on her boys team? Humor me…

Anon
Must be a very good elite team.

Anon
My daughter's boys team has 3 girls including her. It's only a select BHL team but there is 3 of them.

Get her involved with girls. Make connections. Even if it’s just a skills group or tournament team. Lots of girls that come over at U14 without any exposure to the girls game find it difficult. Your “superstar” girl could be taking the spot of a friend they’ve played with for 4 years. I don’t have to tell you how that usually goes.

anon
Anon
My daughter\'s boys team has 3 girls including her. It\'s only a select BHL team but there is 3 of them.
Hmm, I think I know that team. :-)

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon.
That said, if you don\\\\\\\'t get your kid onto the top U8 or U10 team at the \\\\\\\"better\\\\\\\" orgs, good luck getting in at U14. Plenty of spots on the 2 and 3 team as long as your check clears!
Agree with the original comment. Boys hockey is far better and there really isn't any reason to devide the genders at 10 and 12. My kid still has all the fun she wants including her dance parties right at home with her friends. BTW there are 4 girls on her boys team.
You are clearly missing the point. The girls have way more fun playing on a girls team. Unless your daughter is good enough to play with and compete against elite level boys they are not going to benefit because tier 1 boys teams are not much better that top girls teams and often not as good depending on the teams. You will also be able to find far better coaching on a top girls team. If your daughter is good enough to play elite boys then she is very good for a girl but I would still have her play with a girls team even if it is as an alternate or playing up a level or two. The mindset of caring more about development than providing a fun and fulfilling experience is selfish and short-sited.

Agree
Although once they hit U12 and are peweees you don’t see many at all at the highest level, maybe 2-3 play in the EHF Elite and a handful at EHF platinum/E9
But at U12, some tier 1 girls teams are legit and can compete with some tier 1 boys teams and beat tier 2 teams ,so no need to play with boys at that age for the most part unless you’re a stud or just don’t have a good girls program near you

NA
Agree
Although once they hit U12 and are peweees you don’t see many at all at the highest level, maybe 2-3 play in the EHF Elite and a handful at EHF platinum/E9
But at U12, some tier 1 girls teams are legit and can compete with some tier 1 boys teams and beat tier 2 teams ,so no need to play with boys at that age for the most part unless you’re a stud or just don’t have a good girls program near you
Not sure where you are playing but there is no way a legit tier 1 boys team would get beat by a girls team at pee wee or beyond. We played in a tier 1 tournament in Nashville where the #1 girls team in the country from Chicago was in the tournament. They won Nationals that year. They went 2 -3 beating a couple bad boys clubs and getting hammered by the legit tier 1 boys 5-2, 7-1, 6-0.
When my daughter was 14 she played tier 1 girls here is MA for the #3 ranked team and also for a good BHL select #2 team. She would say every practice that her boys team would have beat her girls team.

anon
NA
Agree
Not sure where you are playing but there is no way a legit tier 1 boys team would get beat by a girls team at pee wee or beyond. We played in a tier 1 tournament in Nashville where the #1 girls team in the country from Chicago was in the tournament. They won Nationals that year. They went 2 -3 beating a couple bad boys clubs and getting hammered by the legit tier 1 boys 5-2, 7-1, 6-0.
When my daughter was 14 she played tier 1 girls here is MA for the #3 ranked team and also for a good BHL select #2 team. She would say every practice that her boys team would have beat her girls team.
Yea, I am sure after each practice all that was on your daughters mind was how much better the boys team is. Do people really fall for this made up nonsense?

Boys beat girls
anon
NA
Agree
Yea, I am sure after each practice all that was on your daughters mind was how much better the boys team is. Do people really fall for this made up nonsense?
You could take the best u14 girls team in the country and they would get walked by any top 15 E9 bantam team and most BHL upper teams. For Gods sake go look at who the Womens Olympic team played on their US warm up tour last year. They got beat by several high school boys teams. Im sorry but little Suzys team isnt what you think it is.

anon
Boys beat girls
anon
NA
Agree
You could take the best u14 girls team in the country and they would get walked by any top 15 E9 bantam team and most BHL upper teams. For Gods sake go look at who the Womens Olympic team played on their US warm up tour last year. They got beat by several high school boys teams. Im sorry but little Suzys team isnt what you think it is.
Dude! Before you get your panties in a twist learn to read and comprehend.

NA
That’s a very easy one to answer. The Boston Pride.

If it’s about development, ice time and good coaches in Central MA, check out Jr Crusaders girls program. I’ve been very impressed with seeing these girls ion the ice with my some at clinics and camps. They are seem to be more skilled than the club girls.

Anon
If it’s about development, ice time and good coaches in Central MA, check out Jr Crusaders girls program. I’ve been very impressed with seeing these girls ion the ice with my some at clinics and camps. They are seem to be more skilled than the club girls.
So the # 64 and #96th ranked tier 2 crusaders teams are more skilled than the #3, 4, 6 tier 1 ranked girls clubs? Ok Thanks.

anon
Anon
So the # 64 and #96th ranked tier 2 crusaders teams are more skilled than the #3, 4, 6 tier 1 ranked girls clubs? Ok Thanks.
Yup. Crusaders are way better. Must be the coaching.

Ranking…HA HA! Play them head to head, that’s the only way you will know who is better!

Anon
Ranking…HA HA! Play them head to head, that’s the only way you will know who is better!
Actually, as has been discussed on this board many times. MHR rankings are pretty accurate. Look at the rating of each team and that is the predicted goal differential. It's the entire reason MHR was developed. Even USA hockey uses their rankings for National at large bids. There are a lot of New England girls teams that play in lower level leagues and their parents love to talk smack about how they would beat so and so. When you are a #1 team playing the other programs #2 and #3s because you play in a lower league you have no one to blame but your coach. Tell him/her to move up leagues so you can play the #1 teams.

Assabet is back and will win multiple state titles this year. The rest of New England will be bending the knee again once the program is rebuilt.

Red White and Goo
Assabet is back and will win multiple state titles this year. The rest of New England will be bending the knee again once the program is rebuilt.
Penn State football rules!

Red White and Goo
Is that why at all but one age/team they had to extend tryouts and make phone calls to try to fill rosters? You have mama hens team and everyone else. Sorry

What age group didn’t?

Assabet U-10 has 3 teams I heard. They also have the best up and coming group of kids out of any org. That’s a good sign. The part about them having to extend tryouts is literally fake news. You just made that up.

Best up and coming kids of any organization? Would that include the group that won that level last year?

Anon
Best up and coming kids of any organization? Would that include the group that won that level last year?
That team is already breaking up for greener pastures.

1 kid. Addition by subtraction. Lose 1 replace with a few. Always replenishing.

Anon
1 kid. Addition by subtraction. Lose 1 replace with a few. Always replenishing.
Doesn't that u-10 team out of Bedford (now u-12 tier 2) run 5 lines 8 D & 3 Goalies?????

Anon
Assabet U-10 has 3 teams I heard. They also have the best up and coming group of kids out of any org. That’s a good sign. The part about them having to extend tryouts is literally fake news. You just made that up.
Jesus you idiots that talk about u10 hockey are bat **** crazy. Up and comming, what a joke.

My girls are 11 and 19. Already went through it once. I am going to whisper it slow like Joe Biden does so it really hits home.
MOST of the girls who were on Tier 1 at u10 & u12 stayed on those teams, went to prep school and a good number playing in college. A good number not playing in college because hockey was #2 all along. If you are a stand out at U10 and u12 there is a good CHANCE (not guarantee) that it will carry. You also have the girls that develop out of nowhere at later ages and it is hard for them to get on one of these better teams. The girls know that are at D1 schools this year I could have told you were going to work out at 12 for a number of reasons. The top 3 I know never played against boys either. Girls only all the way up. 2 Ivy's & a Hockey East.