Girls Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shims

Anon
Blue Collar (he / him)
Rumor has it the Woke Wizzies are letting a boy play with the girls this year because he has a mental illness and thinks he\\\'s a girl.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks in advance.
Seems like you are still in the 70s.
Move on dinosaur.
Either that or he has read the DSM-IV.
It actually is a mental illness per the government.

My daughter has played against trans kids in a couple of sports. She survived.

It’s not whether she survived. It’s whether it’s right. I thought your comment was dumb.

Paul K
It’s not whether she survived. It’s whether it’s right. I thought your comment was dumb.
I am not sure what the harm to other children this trans child represents, but I assume it is none. Since it is not a danger issue, it is a personal feelings issue. I'm sorry your feelings are affected by something that has nothing to do with you. It's fine to have your own sense of right and wrong. It is not fine to impose your will on others because you don't like it.

When your mom told you that you were special, she meant the other kind.

If it is true I would applaud the owner and coaches for doing the right thing for the kid.

Not surprised. Anything to win! Even if you have to cheat.

Yeah, on the powerhouse 3rd Team.

Boys play on boys teams

Girls play on girls teams

Enough with the freak show.

Dr
Boys play on boys teams

A better solution:
GIRLS league = girls
OPEN (instead of boys) = all others, including girls (if they desire).

Ah but that’s the problem.

We seem to have gotten confused about what a girl is.

As Bruce Jenner how this should go down. Who truly can say with certainty how this should go? A high level athlete that has gone through this transition or some beanhead with lots of books and degrees telling us how it should be?

Makes as much sense as having Catholic priests giving marital counseling.

USA Hockey has a policy addressing this

https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/do***ent/8a0b-1766565/USA_Hockey_Transgender_Athlete_Eligibility_Policy.pdf

Girls Tier 1 and Tier 2 National Bound 14U and Older are restricted to Girls Only unless you conform to the policy

There are no restrictions for Youth Hockey - which will likely continue to be Co-ed as parts of the country lack a robust network of girls only programs that do not require extensive travel to play.

Why does this topic trigger some hockey dads so much? They are not changing genders to win in a youth sport.
Your life is pretty miserable if this is an issue for you.

I don’t care what USA hockey says, they are freaks.

The same libs telling me to follow the science and get vaccinate, boostered and wear a mask for the sniffles are now telling me that just because someone is born with female parts doesn’t make them a female.

Just because a boy grows a purple ponytail and puts a dress on doesn’t mean the rest of us have to play along.

The issue I have with allowing trans-girls in with biological girls goes back to fairness. If you believe in science, you understand that physiology and hormones are real. Estrogen creates menstrual cycles and testosterone creates spermatogenesis. You also will remind us that medical research has poorly served the physiological differences between men and women because research has been dominated by men's health issues. Women's health requires research focused on women, you would admonish us. Why? Because men and women are different. They are not the same. Why does this understanding seemingly disappear in the context of trans-people parti****ting in athletics? Once you reach Bantam age, both boys and girls begin to become hormonally active and whether they identify as one or the other becomes irrelevant: trans-girls will begin developing stronger, larger musculature and bone structure than the biologically-assigned girls. They will have stronger legs and stronger arms, which translates to faster skating and quicker, stronger shooting. This gives trans-girls an unfair advantage over the biologically-assigned girls. This is a fact based in science. I'm not worried about nonsense like locker rooms and accidental checking and anyone getting hurt. Those are pretenses to disguise transphobia. I don't like it because the trans-female athlete can unfairly change the balance of the game by virtue of their physiology - as unwanted as it may be to them personally.

Anon
The issue I have with allowing trans-girls in with biological girls goes back to fairness. If you believe in science, you understand that physiology and hormones are real. Estrogen creates menstrual cycles and testosterone creates spermatogenesis. You also will remind us that medical research has poorly served the physiological differences between men and women because research has been dominated by men\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s health issues. Women\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s health requires research focused on women, you would admonish us. Why? Because men and women are different. They are not the same. Why does this understanding seemingly disappear in the context of trans-people parti****ting in athletics? Once you reach Bantam age, both boys and girls begin to become hormonally active and whether they identify as one or the other becomes irrelevant: trans-girls will begin developing stronger, larger musculature and bone structure than the biologically-assigned girls. They will have stronger legs and stronger arms, which translates to faster skating and quicker, stronger shooting. This gives trans-girls an unfair advantage over the biologically-assigned girls. This is a fact based in science. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m not worried about nonsense like locker rooms and accidental checking and anyone getting hurt. Those are pretenses to disguise transphobia. I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like it because the trans-female athlete can unfairly change the balance of the game by virtue of their physiology - as unwanted as it may be to them personally.
Let your daughter train and compete with boys, because they make them better players. But wait, a transgender girl playing on the third team causes a fairness problem?! You as a dad must be terrible at hockey and weak.

LGBTQIA+
……………………….HEAVY on the T.

Anon
Anon
The issue I have with allowing trans-girls in with biological girls goes back to fairness. If you believe in science, you understand that physiology and hormones are real. Estrogen creates menstrual cycles and testosterone creates spermatogenesis. You also will remind us that medical research has poorly served the physiological differences between men and women because research has been dominated by men\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s health issues. Women\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s health requires research focused on women, you would admonish us. Why? Because men and women are different. They are not the same. Why does this understanding seemingly disappear in the context of trans-people parti****ting in athletics? Once you reach Bantam age, both boys and girls begin to become hormonally active and whether they identify as one or the other becomes irrelevant: trans-girls will begin developing stronger, larger musculature and bone structure than the biologically-assigned girls. They will have stronger legs and stronger arms, which translates to faster skating and quicker, stronger shooting. This gives trans-girls an unfair advantage over the biologically-assigned girls. This is a fact based in science. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m not worried about nonsense like locker rooms and accidental checking and anyone getting hurt. Those are pretenses to disguise transphobia. I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like it because the trans-female athlete can unfairly change the balance of the game by virtue of their physiology - as unwanted as it may be to them personally.
Let your daughter train and compete with boys, because they make them better players. But wait, a transgender girl playing on the third team causes a fairness problem?! You as a dad must be terrible at hockey and weak.
No problem with a swinging johnson in the same locker room?

Anon
Anon
The issue I have with allowing trans-girls in with biological girls goes back to fairness. If you believe in science, you understand that physiology and hormones are real. Estrogen creates menstrual cycles and testosterone creates spermatogenesis. You also will remind us that medical research has poorly served the physiological differences between men and women because research has been dominated by men\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s health issues. Women\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s health requires research focused on women, you would admonish us. Why? Because men and women are different. They are not the same. Why does this understanding seemingly disappear in the context of trans-people parti****ting in athletics? Once you reach Bantam age, both boys and girls begin to become hormonally active and whether they identify as one or the other becomes irrelevant: trans-girls will begin developing stronger, larger musculature and bone structure than the biologically-assigned girls. They will have stronger legs and stronger arms, which translates to faster skating and quicker, stronger shooting. This gives trans-girls an unfair advantage over the biologically-assigned girls. This is a fact based in science. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m not worried about nonsense like locker rooms and accidental checking and anyone getting hurt. Those are pretenses to disguise transphobia. I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like it because the trans-female athlete can unfairly change the balance of the game by virtue of their physiology - as unwanted as it may be to them personally.
Yea and it was fair to have Lia Thomas swimming in the NCAA WOMENS finals.

anon
Anon
Anon
The issue I have with allowing trans-girls in with biological girls goes back to fairness. If you believe in science, you understand that physiology and hormones are real. Estrogen creates menstrual cycles and testosterone creates spermatogenesis. You also will remind us that medical research has poorly served the physiological differences between men and women because research has been dominated by men\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s health issues. Women\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s health requires research focused on women, you would admonish us. Why? Because men and women are different. They are not the same. Why does this understanding seemingly disappear in the context of trans-people parti****ting in athletics? Once you reach Bantam age, both boys and girls begin to become hormonally active and whether they identify as one or the other becomes irrelevant: trans-girls will begin developing stronger, larger musculature and bone structure than the biologically-assigned girls. They will have stronger legs and stronger arms, which translates to faster skating and quicker, stronger shooting. This gives trans-girls an unfair advantage over the biologically-assigned girls. This is a fact based in science. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m not worried about nonsense like locker rooms and accidental checking and anyone getting hurt. Those are pretenses to disguise transphobia. I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like it because the trans-female athlete can unfairly change the balance of the game by virtue of their physiology - as unwanted as it may be to them personally.
Yea and it was fair to have Lia Thomas swimming in the NCAA WOMENS finals.
Yes, your daughter’s (or your?) Olympic dream is in jeopardy now because a transgender girl is playing on the third team.

Anon
Anon
Take the average third-team U14 girl and put her on the average third-team U14 boys team, and at best she fits in. Take the average third-team U14 boy and put him on the average third-team U14 girls team and he takes over the game.

The point is, the trans-female athlete can single-handedly unbalance the contest purely by virtue of their physiological advantages. A single female athlete playing on a co-ed team doesn't.

Really? Single handedly? The wizards girls teams play again mostly boys co-ed teams in the valley league all the time and can win some games. Are you suggesting these are not real boys??!! If you are worried about a transgender girl taking your daughter’s spot, you probably look into the mirror and find your problem.

The kid and the parents should be in Mcleans getting the help they need not worried about hockey. It's a mental illness.

T-Rex
The kid and the parents should be in Mcleans getting the help they need not worried about hockey. It\'s a mental illness.
And your kid is bad at hockey, but you are still allowed to post on the d-board.

Anon
Really? Single handedly? The wizards girls teams play again mostly boys co-ed teams in the valley league all the time and can win some games. Are you suggesting these are not real boys??!! If you are worried about a transgender girl taking your daughter’s spot, you probably look into the mirror and find your problem.
I have no dog in this fight. But are you really saying a boy who identifies as a girl taking someone's daughter's spot on a girls team is the fault/problem of the girl's parent?

Anon
Anon
I have no dog in this fight. But are you really saying a boy who identifies as a girl taking someone's daughter's spot on a girls team is the fault/problem of the girl's parent?
No I'm saying the parents that put up with a boy who says he's a girl or vice versa need help. What about parents who encourage it? They are sick.
If my little jimmy told me he wanted to be a girl I would get him some work boots and dungarees and toughen his soft ass up a little.

If you have an issue with the family or the organization, maybe you should grow a set, put your name out there and file a complaint against MA Hockey and USA Hockey.

T-Rex
Anon
Anon
I have no dog in this fight. But are you really saying a boy who identifies as a girl taking someone\'s daughter\'s spot on a girls team is the fault/problem of the girl\'s parent?
No I'm saying the parents that put up with a boy who says he's a girl or vice versa need help. What about parents who encourage it? They are sick.
If my little jimmy told me he wanted to be a girl I would get him some work boots and dungarees and toughen his soft ass up a little.
See how that work’s out for you. If people could get their heads out of their asses on this topic would be good. Transgender people are a teal thing and your tough guy words won’t change that. That being said, Acceptance and equality doesn’t mean get everything you want. Allowing biological boys to play with girls in a fundamental equality issue for the girls. They are put at a huge disadvantage that they cannot control. Team sports are not as impactful as individual sports line track and swimming but let’s be honest, there are just as many trans boys out there yet none seem to be pushing to play with boys. That tells us everything. It’s no different than letting boys play field hockey and watching 2 boys dominate and win a state championship a couple of years ago. I empathize with their position and it would be nice to accomodate that but it then becomes completely unfair to the girls impacted. Idiots coming with ignorant statements calling these kids freaks etc does nothing but foster the opinion of some that it’s just bigotry causing people to disagree with allowing trans females to play with girls.

I understand it us U12. Pretty even age of physical ability. I will allow it. Wake me at U14, I will check my outrage meter. Proceed with your lives.

anon/anon
I understand it us U12. Pretty even age of physical ability. I will allow it. Wake me at U14, I will check my outrage meter. Proceed with your lives.

19u

Well that's a whole other kettle of fish. That topic belongs on the women's hockey forum.

Just Sayin
Dr
Boys play on boys teams

A better solution:
GIRLS league = girls
This. This is the only solution that makes any sense at all.

A.non.
Just Sayin
Dr
Boys play on boys teams

A better solution:
GIRLS league = girls
This. This is the only solution that makes any sense at all.
Olympic committee put the hammer down on this stuff today. Unless you have transitioned by 12 years old you cant compete in the Olympics. I would assume the NCAA will follow.