Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Girls Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mass Final 40 - 2005

It is interesting that Mass has ZERO players on the the U18 Team. Not one.

I can’t speak for what goes on in other states, but I’d argue that mass has too much politics involved when it comes to the selection process.

More than one head scratcher at the 2005 level and a real big omission in the 2006 age group from what I’ve heard.
It’s a multi layered business now, glad I’m on the other side of it.

JD
I can’t speak for what goes on in other states, but I’d argue that mass has too much politics involved when it comes to the selection process.

More than one head scratcher at the 2005 level and a real big omission in the 2006 age group from what I’ve heard.

Agreed with MA politics. Im told New England Districts is a complete ****show.

anon
JD

MA and NE are different districts right?

Anon
anon
JD

MA and NE are different districts right?
Yes

Does any of this really matter anymore? Seems to be more of a bragging point and blurb for your bio these days. We lived in MN while my older girl played. Its is also its own district. There were girls left off routinely who played the highest level D1. Then you have districts like Mid Am and Pacific where if you can walk and chew gum you are in. Look at some of the pics this year in MA and NE. Just plain nonsense.

The 06 girl left off has to be a mistake. My daughter has played against her for years and a good amount of us parents can’t figure that one out. Did she decline? From what I understand one of the girls on the final roster was cut the first round and they claim that was a mistake. I also know one of the top 06 or 07 boys was cut the first round, which was clearly a mistake (makes you wonder) and he’s on the final roster.

I trust MA hockey will do the right thing and fix that if they haven’t already. Do the right thing.

anon
Does any of this really matter anymore? Seems to be more of a bragging point and blurb for your bio these days. We lived in MN while my older girl played. Its is also its own district. There were girls left off routinely who played the highest level D1. Then you have districts like Mid Am and Pacific where if you can walk and chew gum you are in. Look at some of the pics this year in MA and NE. Just plain nonsense.
Agreed. You have tier 2 players on the 07 team?

To your point about it mattering - if you are in MN then it may not. MN is the Gold Standard for competitive girls HS Hockey and a players stats and league play can speak for themselves. If you are from MA or NE it does matter - not because a particular player may end up making the Olympic roster, but for college recruiting. We know college coaches, for the most part, are not searching for players - it's far easier for them to focus in on the girls that have been "vetted" by USA Hockey. All you have to do is go to a major showcase and see the college coaches standing together and NOT scouting(think Beantown Rink #1 at NESC every year). It seems to be rare that you see a college coach by themselves scouting players.

Lots of good 05’s so some good players were going to be left out no matter how you look at it, I’m one of the parents confused about what went on at the 06 level, she has to be in the top 5.