Girls Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1st weekend

Anon from Avon
Eagles should win 19 perhaps Wiz give them a battle, NAHA will take a step back

Wiz easily at 16 despite the fact they can't win anything non local ever!

I'll let others comment on 14
14s- wiz strong showing in Pittsburgh, Assabet mediocre, Vipers poor showing at NAHA which was a surprise, BJE looked good, Spits so so but not nearly as dominant as last year, MFF rolled at Dawg Days and got smoked in Pittsburgh, Breakers terrible. Early assessment says wiz or BJE.

anon
Anon from Avon
Eagles should win 19 perhaps Wiz give them a battle, NAHA will take a step back

Wiz easily at 16 despite the fact they can\'t win anything non local ever!

I\'ll let others comment on 14
14s- wiz strong showing in Pittsburgh, Assabet mediocre, Vipers poor showing at NAHA which was a surprise, BJE looked good, Spits so so but not nearly as dominant as last year, MFF rolled at Dawg Days and got smoked in Pittsburgh, Breakers terrible. Early assessment says wiz or BJE.
BSB elite 14 just can't compete in their league. A few of the kids on that team were cut from '14 Advantage. It's crazy to think there are two lower levels below the 'elite' team

BSB tryouts were held almost 10 days before Advantage. Were they cut or left?

Anon
They knew they were going to be cut, writing was on the wall. Advantage '14s played that team in the militia cup and beat them badly. Two kids on the BSB 14s now were the worst players for advantage

I see where this is going though.

Advantage. Ha, what a joke.

anon
Advantage. Ha, what a joke.
advantage is no joke. The BSB is the greatest joke of all.

BA is legit, not sure how anyone could call them a joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkCX2qZOY9I

Advantage has a devo program going up in east boston now too. Clearly there's a market.

Anon
Anon
They knew they were going to be cut, writing was on the wall. Advantage '14s played that team in the militia cup and beat them badly. Two kids on the BSB 14s now were the worst players for advantage

Please use a better comparison than BSB. That team is horrible. Saw them lose by 8 this Summer.

anon
Anon
Anon
They knew they were going to be cut, writing was on the wall. Advantage \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'14s played that team in the militia cup and beat them badly. Two kids on the BSB 14s now were the worst players for advantage

Please use a better comparison than BSB. That team is horrible. Saw them lose by 8 this Summer.
That's my whole point. I wasn't the original op who said the BSB elite 14s are terrible. I'm basically agreeing and wondering how that team can be called elite at all. They will likely lose every game this season except to the bandits. One could say maybe that will help them improve but seems unlikely with games being once a week.

Seems like it would make sense to merge the 3 '14 teams the breakers has into two even if it means cutting people. But that would be money out of their pockets so why on earth would they do that

Anon
Seems like it would make sense to merge the 3 '14 teams the breakers has into two even if it means cutting people. But that would be money out of their pockets so why on earth would they do that
They don't attract good players and they don't recruit them. I feel bad when we play them. Then again the first page on their website talks about how parents are crazy and the poor stats to have a chance to play college hockey so their goal is to have good citizens. I'm sure girls are running to sign up after reading that.

anon
Anon
Seems like it would make sense to merge the 3 \'14 teams the breakers has into two even if it means cutting people. But that would be money out of their pockets so why on earth would they do that
They don't attract good players and they don't recruit them. I feel bad when we play them. Then again the first page on their website talks about how parents are crazy and the poor stats to have a chance to play college hockey so their goal is to have good citizens. I'm sure girls are running to sign up after reading that.
I was actually talking about the boys teams.

I don't know much about the girls programs they have.

Anon
anon
Anon
Seems like it would make sense to merge the 3 \\\'14 teams the breakers has into two even if it means cutting people. But that would be money out of their pockets so why on earth would they do that
They don\'t attract good players and they don\'t recruit them. I feel bad when we play them. Then again the first page on their website talks about how parents are crazy and the poor stats to have a chance to play college hockey so their goal is to have good citizens. I\'m sure girls are running to sign up after reading that.
I was actually talking about the boys teams.

I don't know much about the girls programs they have.
Did ya miss the "girls hockey" button?

I just respond to the most recent threads and don't look at what forum

Fwiw I've heard BSB has a decent girls program. Can't say the same for the boys.

BSB u14 last year all three teams went a combined 12-30-4 (fall) 19-23-2 (winter) with the 3rd team going 10-5-1 after the reshuffle bc they only won 1 game in the fall and got bumped down a division. What’s even more telling is I believe 12 girls left the program last year including one of the top 09s.

Now the u12 top team went to the t-1 state finals last year and was mostly made up of 10s so next year the u14 BSB teams should be better

If it was a u14 team they only put an 09 team in w/ the majority being T-2 players.

Anon
If it was a u14 team they only put an 09 team in w/ the majority being T-2 players.
BSB U16 won the NAHA Labor Day tourney, that’s one of the stronger teams out there. I’d argue they have one of the better defensemen out there and a couple of the top forwards too.

The u16s are really good, t-1 and t-2.

Valley Junior 14s get beat 7 zip by MFF and then beat Advantage 4 zip and people are spouting off on here about how good Advantage is? ummmm...................

Advantage is better than BSB at most levels. BSB is a joke, I see them folding in the future.

anon
Advantage is better than BSB at most levels. BSB is a joke, I see them folding in the future.
It's a girls forum Bobby

4-0 against the 2nd team and it was 1-0 after the 2nd It was BA’s first game.

Lovell’s top U14 team is the Winter Club. They changed the name last minute so it was that team who played 12 games so far and have only lost 2. The Winter Club played in Naha and NGHL tournaments in the past month and by mistake are on the hockey rankings as BA.

Anon
Lovell’s top U14 team is the Winter Club. They changed the name last minute so it was that team who played 12 games so far and have only lost 2. The Winter Club played in Naha and NGHL tournaments in the past month and by mistake are on the hockey rankings as BA.
It's a good club for sure. I dont think you can make much of the first tournament they were in as the competition was lousy but they had a good showing at NAHA agaisnt the Vipers, BJE and Spits. All good clubs.