The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
1A. MALDEN CATHOLIC (11-1-3, LW T-1) – We’re nothing if not fair here, so we’re giving the Lancers equal time in the top spot.
1B. BC HIGH (12-0-3, LW T-1) – The solid win against Pope Francis is exactly what a top-ranked team should do at this time of year.
3. ST. JOHN’S PREP (11-2-3, LW 4) – Saturday’s Derek Hines Memorial Game against Catholic Memorial always is a great tribute.
4. POPE FRANCIS (12-3-2, LW 5) – The Cardinals enter “tournament mode” this week, beginning with three out-of-state teams coming in for the Pope Francis Invitational.
5. AUSTIN PREP (11-2-1, LW 3) – After bouncing back from the loss to St. John’s Prep, the Cougars can wrap up the Catholic Central title Wednesday against Arlington Catholic.
6. ST. MARY’S (14-3-0, LW 6) – At this point, playing to stay in a coveted “top six” spot will be a key for the Spartans.
The wild cards
7. Burlington (11-1-3, LW 7); 8. Central Catholic (13-4-1, LW 9); 9. Framingham (12-1-4, LW NR); 10. Woburn (10-3-3, LW NR).
The best a public could do is be mentioned as a 'wild Card' chance of making it?
How much proof do you need to show how out-dated the Super 8 is? 6-7 Catholic Schools, 3-4 token publics for the crowds they bring in, toss 2 of the publics in the play-in round, toss the other public and maybe on Catholic in the first round and an all Catholic final. Yawn.
Sour grapes. So what if the Catholics have:
- The ability to recruit kids from a wide geographic area
- Hire & Pay the coaches any amount they want
- Field a team of kids that repeated a grade in order to play hockey
- Get the kids to play together for summer tournaments
- Get the kids to play on the same fall club teams
- Attract more kids due to the coaches ability to land college deals
It's all equal in the MIAA's eyes.