email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Public vs. Prep/Catholic

anon
. [How they did get invited is beyond me--in 7 games versus the Catholic Super 8 teams this year, Hingham was outscored 26-2!]

Everyone knows why they were invited, it was a make-up call for the committee screwing-up the voting from the year before. And that team saved those coaches jobs for another five years. They get some pretty good players delivered to them via all of the local programs and still struggle with what to do with them.

Well put. Last year they only lost 19-8 cumulatively. Still didn't beat any Super 8 Catholics but at least they put the puck in the net a few more times.

Better team, better players the year before and the make-up call putting them in the Super 8 was silly. They should play every year to win the D-1 and forget about playing regional all-star teams (i.e. C.C. Schools)

anon
Better team, better players the year before and the make-up call putting them in the Super 8 was silly. They should play every year to win the D-1 and forget about playing regional all-star teams (i.e. C.C. Schools)

No doubt. Even with last year's team the Super 8 result would likely have been the same--public should just stick to D-1 and leave Super 8 to the Big Boys!

anon
anon

No doubt. Even with last year's team the Super 8 result would likely have been the same--public should just stick to D-1 and leave Super 8 to the Big Boys!

I think the MIAA needs to recognize this and make the changes Catholic Div 1& 2. Public Div 1&2.

Crossover championship and or All Star game

anon
anon

Not so much 'Big Boys' as much as leave it to the team that can recruit & encourage kids to repeat a year so they have 7-8 19 year olds playing. D-I publics have a couple lines that can compete, not four.

anon
anon
anon

Not so much 'Big Boys' as much as leave it to the team that can recruit & encourage kids to repeat a year so they have 7-8 19 year olds playing. D-I publics have a couple lines that can compete, not four.

What public team this year had 2 lines that could compete with MC, BCH, PF or SJP? Compete meaning put the puck in the net. The only public those teams have played consistently is Hingham and, after this year, they may rethink even playing them. Franklin won D-1 this year and lost to MC 6-0!!

No publics could compete with Catholics and this was an off year for Catholics, particularly up front.

Anon
Yeah, Yeah, schools like Phillips Andover or Phillips Exeter are very weak academically and on the par of some Publics? Are you an idiot

Most prep schools are not close to Exeter and Andover academically. I'd say Lexington and Belmont High Schools are better than 90% of preps.

the mica would never format the playoffs as D1 private, D1 public, D2 Private, and D2 public. Although its a better system than they have now, i would be very surprised if they did it

anon
the mica would never format the playoffs as D1 private, D1 public, D2 Private, and D2 public. Although its a better system than they have now, i would be very surprised if they did it

I wonder why they wouldn't consider this? Any insight?

I think they're under the impression their current way is to maximize revenue.

anon
I think they're under the impression their current way is to maximize revenue.

Your both probably correct but with a Catholic And Public Playoff they could get 1-3 more playoff games at both Div 1 & 2 plus a few more all star games. Seems to me it would be more revenue.

Div 1A is already public for the most part.

Anon
anon

I wonder why they wouldn't consider this? Any insight?

D-1A is already essentially private and D-1 is already essentially public. Who cares about D-2?