email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Catholics vs Prep

Anon
Is the hockey much different between the Catholics and Prep? I see some big names coming out of the Catholics.

Strong Division 1 program - Deep.

Strong CC program - Deeper.

Strong Prep School program - Deepest!

MC & SC ( Now PF) teams a few years back were the exception. They could compete with most Preps.

Prep teams are full of former Public, CC players along with Tier 1 AAA players from throughout the US, Canada and overseas.

It is simple as that!

The difference is pretty much top D-I Publics have two lines that can play, C.C. have three and Prep have four. The top 10-15 D-I Public kids, the top 15-20 C.C. kids and the top 25-30 Prep kids are interchangeable.

Prep plays longer games (18 vs. 15 minute periods), generally have more up-to-date systems and coaches and I beleive they find more games. They somewhat take care of the players as far as advancing them to the next level and getting them together to play on teams in the off-season. Where as the Public and half of the C.C. coaches don't get it when it comes to moving the kids to the next level (exhibiting absolute fear when it comes to communicating with Junior teams and College scouts) it is expected the Preps have their ducks in a row.

I agree but the majority of the top players in Prep are not interchangeable! JW is an anomaly, where is OW and TjW are the norm, no t to mention the foreign kids

No way Catholics have three lines that can play. Most of the top line players move over to a prep school and still aren't even on the top two lines. Overall competition is better.

Anon
No way Catholics have three lines that can play. Most of the top line players move over to a prep school and still aren't even on the top two lines. Overall competition is better.

Yeah, I have to agree