High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: There will be blood

Anon
Anon
It's amazing what money can buy these days, not surprising in China though.

Sorry your kid is playing beer league.

My kid is playing exactly where he should be playing, because he earned it by himself. Your kid has never made an impact anywhere he has played, so now you retreat to China where money can buy your way onto a new KHL franchise. And I wouldn't brag about playing on China's world junior team, that's kind of being the tallest midget in the room

Anon
Anon
Anon

My kid is playing exactly where he should be playing, because he earned it by himself. Your kid has never made an impact anywhere he has played, so now you retreat to China where money can buy your way onto a new KHL franchise. And I wouldn't brag about playing on China's world junior team, that's kind of being the tallest midget in the room
You are truly pathetic. You have no idea what the circumstances are. They are paying him, and you have no evidence that any money passed the other way.

Think about it, Jethro. You open a KHL franchise in China. Your country was just awarded the 2022 Olympic games. What better way to draw local children to games, and to the sport in general, than to feature players born in China to be role models in the community?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

You are truly pathetic. You have no idea what the circumstances are. They are paying him, and you have no evidence that any money passed the other way.

Think about it, Jethro. You open a KHL franchise in China. Your country was just awarded the 2022 Olympic games. What better way to draw local children to games, and to the sport in general, than to feature players born in China to be role models in the community?

Right on! Previous poster has no understanding the game.... It's all jealously and his dad is not an investor in the team. Watch the games and you will see he has adjusted well to the KHL.

So they are trying to grow the game in the largest potential market in the world and this guy is upset because he thinks the kid isn't good enough? And in the U.S. the difference in making it and not making it is about 75% connections; where your dad played, who your uncle is, which teams your parents could afford to put you on . . .and this guy is upset about Chinese hockey????

There is plenty to be angry about right here.

anon
So they are trying to grow the game in the largest potential market in the world and this guy is upset because he thinks the kid isn't good enough? And in the U.S. the difference in making it and not making it is about 75% connections; where your dad played, who your uncle is, which teams your parents could afford to put you on . . .and this guy is upset about Chinese hockey????

There is plenty to be angry about right here.

Seriously, how about all the jobs lost to China? That is a real issue! I wish the kid (RY) all the best! Has more money than god but still working hard and chasing his dream. How can we find fault with that? Because he his dad has connections and pull? PUHLEASE!!

A dad with 'connections and pull,' a hockey tradition unlike any other.