Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Middlesex League

Don't laugh but I wouldn't overlook Lexington. They have a new coach and a strong core of returning players. Success of the football team and a winning culture could carry over to hockey. Also this is the first generation of Wizards players having an impact on what had been a weaker high school program.

But aren't they more known for driving Subaru's, eating soft cheese and skiing? Isn't hockey a little rough-and-tumble for them?

anon
But aren't they more known for driving Subaru's, eating soft cheese and skiing? Isn't hockey a little rough-and-tumble for them?
And isn't the rink in town used more for figure skating than hockey?

I must have missed something. Someone actually says Lexington is a team "to watch" in the Middlesex league?
Now I know public high school hockey is dying. Please enlighten me as to how this is possible. In the past 5 years they have won the same amount of games as Burlington has in any single year in that time.
And I love the 1st wave of "Wizard" players. They will need some wizardry to pick up any wins in that league.

Anon
I must have missed something. Someone actually says Lexington is a team "to watch" in the Middlesex league?
Now I know public high school hockey is dying. Please enlighten me as to how this is possible. In the past 5 years they have won the same amount of games as Burlington has in any single year in that time.
And I love the 1st wave of "Wizard" players. They will need some wizardry to pick up any wins in that league.

Let's check back in on this in 6 weeks. There is a good chance I'm wrong. History is on your side not mine but it does seem like a down year in the Middlesex League. If it is ever going to happen this would be the year.

We'll see how it looks after a few games.

Lexington has a GREAT Coach but has lost the wizardry of the GREAT Billy. This will hurt the program.

The league is full of great coaches. Burl, Read, Wob, Arl. Players win games. Arl Is a recruiting force that the Catholics should take lessons from. Burl/Read has the history of greatness. Wob is always there.
Wake/Stone/Mel/Bel/Lex just aren't good enough to compete with the big boys.

Lexington and Belmont will both most likely be competitive this year. Possibly one of them making the tourney. I believe Woburn/reading/winchester will have to fight to make the tourney this year

just pee'd a little in my pants

Stoneham Spartans will win Middlesex league. They have the best goalie&snipper in the state!!!!

Anon
Don't laugh but I wouldn't overlook Lexington. They have a new coach and a strong core of returning players. Success of the football team and a winning culture could carry over to hockey. Also this is the first generation of Wizards players having an impact on what had been a weaker high school program.

Whiffed on this prediction. They are what they are. Guy who thought Belmont would be good was right though. No stopping Arlington this year.

Re: Middlesex League Melrose

Reply Re: Melrose high school
The head coach from Melrose high is a joke, imo cannot coach at all.Teaches? The Players to wack the puck around the boards and ice the puck...cannot teach offensive zone hockey at all. Difficult for parents to watch his style of hockey.Season is slipping away...He rode Lynnfield players and did not "Coach" them to States. Degrades the players, screams all game and plays his college teammates 2 kids most of game. One of those kids a Sr capt avgs 2 penalties a game without reprimand.. but this guy continues to put his roomies kid on ice. Kid has scored a total of 2 goals in hs career, both this year. Now he is a leader??? This guy has had his eye on the door every year for a super 8 team. ..actually thinks he can be an AD. Go back to Lynnfield HS or better yet...Your fired....
(Since this is your post, you have