Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 20 Year-old Prep Stars

How do you even get to be in prep at 20? So you have to repeat 8th and do a post grad year? Thats alot of school, what classes do you even take?

There are not any 96's currently playing Prep Hockey. There are a few 97's, that are mostly late and will likely be 19 when they graduate.

That being said, most elite 18 or 19 year old players are long gone from prep and playing Tier 1 or 2 Juniors.

But if you had a repeat high schooler who then PG's you could have a 20 year old. Eeesh. Should have just played Lax, go to your local public h.s., show-up full ride on some D-I program out west as an 18 year old and graduate at 22.

Catholic school, stay back a year, PG a year, Juniors for a year (5 years C.C., 1 year prep, 1 year juniors = +$110,000 and $50k a year for college = $300,000'ish) or free, free, free.

Sounds easy! Why isn't everyone doing it? Oh, because it's not that easy.
1st, fastest growing sport in America. Ain't no secret anymore!
So, to play D1 kid needs to be total stud. To get any $, SUPER STUD.

Anon
Sounds easy! Why isn't everyone doing it? Oh, because it's not that easy.
1st, fastest growing sport in America. Ain't no secret anymore!
So, to play D1 kid needs to be total stud. To get any $, SUPER STUD.

Studs? Not much of a stud playing against kids that are 2-3 years younger then you? the studs are the kids who are playing against players who are 2-3 years older then themselves and dominating. these guys will age-out of juniors before they get out of high school.

Comical. I know a birth year 01 should've been a freshman this year but repeated 8th to go to an ISL school. Was a really good student in a public school. He will be driving himself to hockey practice next year as a freshman. A 16-year-old freshman? Tell me what is wrong with the picture? And he is undersized (will cap out at 5'8") and really not that good. Never played on an elite team, always Tier 1. Talk about chasing a dream that's not there. These are the idiots that pay for the real athletes at private schools. It's amazing parents don't understand they are being taken advantage of.

anon
There are not any 96's currently playing Prep Hockey. There are a few 97's, that are mostly late and will likely be 19 when they graduate.

That being said, most elite 18 or 19 year old players are long gone from prep and playing Tier 1 or 2 Juniors.

Or the real elite 18 & 19 year old are already playing college.

Shoot I graduated HS before I turned 18. Wish I knew about this repeat thing back in the early 90s. Maybe I could have been somebody!

OP: find me two players that will be 20. Just two. If you can't then STFU.

And sorry your kid didn't get admitted.

Anon
OP: find me two players that will be 20. Just two. If you can't then STFU.

And sorry your kid didn't get admitted.

Kid from Exeter will be 20 this January, kid from Pomfret will be 20 in March

Now go get committed, STFU & and keep paying prep $!

It's impossible to compare kids in HS, prep or college by school year. There are kids playing Prep that are younger than players who are juniors in college. I love when someone compares my college player to a same school year player who is literally over 4 years older than him. Yeah just the same

'literally' four years older than him as opposed to what? Being figuratively four years older? God, the Kardashians sprinkling 'literally' into every sentence has now made it to the DBoard.

anon
'literally' four years older than him as opposed to what? Being figuratively four years older? God, the Kardashians sprinkling 'literally' into every sentence has now made it to the DBoard.
Yeah, i struggled to understand what pij tht eposteeer was making. "There are kids playing Prep that are younger than players who are juniors in college?" Isn't that what you'd expect?