Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MA High School top 20 Preseason -

This all gets back to - would you rather win the D-I as a public or get blown-out in the first round as an ugly stepchild in the Super 8?

I think teams that have gone through this recently would rather take the realistic challenge of the D-I

anon
Anon
anon
"Hingham... squad will be back with their strongest team in recent memory"

In recent memory, as in what last summer? It will all be heaped on their goalie because the last one was maybe their best a long time. Maybe even better than the Super 8 kid and that was 6 years ago and that kid is playing up at St. Michaels.

Thanks dad, but there were other goalies last year in D1 that were better.

That's true, but this was about one team not D1; try to keep up here mom.

Who cares? You're comparing a mediocre goalie to another mediocre goalie? All Hingham needs is one more mediocre goalie and they'll have the same mediocre success.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon

In recent memory, as in what last summer? It will all be heaped on their goalie because the last one was maybe their best a long time. Maybe even better than the Super 8 kid and that was 6 years ago and that kid is playing up at St. Michaels.

Who cares? You're comparing a mediocre goalie to another mediocre goalie? All Hingham needs is one more mediocre goalie and they'll have the same mediocre success.

Yeah I guess you're right. 'Mediocre success' for a D-3 public school with kids from one ZIP Code to be able to compete annually with every D-1 public in the state and compete most years with Catholic Conference teams which are regional All-star teams with 23 kids from 19-20 different ZIP Codes. Hockey Town does alright considering what they're up against every year.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

Yeah I guess you're right. 'Mediocre success' for a D-3 public school with kids from one ZIP Code to be able to compete annually with every D-1 public in the state and compete most years with Catholic Conference teams which are regional All-star teams with 23 kids from 19-20 different ZIP Codes. Hockey Town does alright considering what they're up against every year.

They have a great Sailing program too.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

They are D1 moron.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

They are D1 moron.

Moron, they play an independent schedule of D-1 hockey but the school is either a D-3 or D-2

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

They are D1 moron.

Moron, they play an independent schedule of D-1 hockey but the school is either a D-3 or D-2

For hockey they are D-1. How they won D-1 States 2 years ago.

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon

They are D1 moron.

Moron - Independent means they are in no structured league. They are classified as D1.

Hingham isnt some super hockey program- they have numbers. They have a lot per capita hockey players in the town. Its a wealthy town and a lot of kids can afford to play hockey. They are successful because they have a lot of "leftovers" or kids that dont leave for the CC or prep school. The real high end kids leave and Hingham still has a bunch of the next tier kids every year.

They also have a school that is better than C.C. schools so there is no need for the kids to leave. Unless getting the kid away from girls or being a Bible thumper is important to mom & dad. And because it's the town's important sport they have boosters and a budget some college programs envy.

anon
They also have a school that is better than C.C. schools so there is no need for the kids to leave. Unless getting the kid away from girls or being a Bible thumper is important to mom & dad. And because it's the town's important sport they have boosters and a budget some college programs envy.

"A budget some college programs envy"!!!!!!!?????? Such is Hingham's hockey delusion.

If you only knew.....if you only knew.

anon
If you only knew.....if you only knew.

Oh yeah, its quite a secret. Costs a lot for chocolate milk and bagels and warm up suits. Yellow school buses like every other public. Most of the money gets spent buying ice for the 2 JV teams, most of whose players will never see Varsity ice team. (Who has 2 JV teams?? Sorry Mom and Dad, its time for little Thurston to hang-up the skates if he can't make the top JV. ) Bridgewater State is definitely envious.

anon

Hingham won't qualify for States.

All you need is to be > .500, right?

Bch has basically a completely new defensive corp (outside of the top 2 the other 6 have zero game experience) and 2 new untested goalies. I would argue that they are ranked correctly.

Anon
Bch has basically a completely new defensive corp (outside of the top 2 the other 6 have zero game experience) and 2 new untested goalies. I would argue that they are ranked correctly.

That might be true but I'm just surprised that happened. What the recruiting machine has run dry? BA & prep taking them all? The big D / UMASS commit that left was just OK (but in fairness he was young). Many, many better D have wandered through Mass H.S. hockey in the last 3-4 years.

Wrenn's not at MC anymore, he's at Nobles

anon
Brought to you by 'My Hockey Live'

Pretty much sums it up right there.

I am surprised that stoneham is not in top 15! after another win vs. matignon on Saturday. looks like it will be an easy champion in the Middlesex league.

X, MC, Hingham will be top. Marshfield up there as well. Walpole, Framingham and Natic may surprise. Walpole already has, a drug scandal with top SR that the coach is trying to cover up though. Losing player kills their D.

Anon
X, MC, Hingham will be top. Marshfield up there as well. Walpole, Framingham and Natic may surprise. Walpole already has, a drug scandal with top SR that the coach is trying to cover up though. Losing player kills their D.

BC High beat Hingham 10-2 in preseason scrimmage.

anon
BC High beat Hingham 10-2 in preseason scrimmage.
scrimmages are always tough to gauge. some coaches run lines, all of them, including those that will never see ice. others need to 'look good' especially new coaches and/or those on the bubble.

??? I think you have the wrong teams. BCH & hingham have not played.

Anon
??? I think you have the wrong teams. BCH & hingham have not played.

They scrimmaged last Friday at Pilgrim. HHS clearly not publicizing results. If anything BCH would have been the team pulling punches at the end.

Couldn't imagine it would be much of a game. One team is made up of hockey players that choose the school to play hockey and the other is a team made-up of soccer players, lacrosse players, football players and a few hockey players from one town. One Super 8 and the other the D-I Tournament

Anon
Couldn't imagine it would be much of a game. One team is made up of hockey players that choose the school to play hockey and the other is a team made-up of soccer players, lacrosse players, football players and a few hockey players from one town. One Super 8 and the other the D-I Tournament

You're right. It wasn't much of a game. 10-2. And Myhockeylive.com ranks Hingham 4 and BCH 8.