Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

High School & Prep Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: U15

This is, once again, where MA/NE lags behind the rest of the country. Far from experimental.

T1EHL has a very full, well established U15 full season division, including the Boston Advantage. Would expect the NH Monarchs to add a team next year.

The USPHL has a division for it (U16 Futures) with a number of teams in the Mid-Atlantic region, wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of the local programs add U15 teams next year. Isalnders used to have one, but they mismanaged it into failure.

EJEPL has a division for it, again, mostly Mid-Atlantic, but the Cyclones and Portland are in it.

Just like we saw the change from Bantam major to U14 occur over a two year time frame, this change will be much more obvious locally next year.

Also hearing about a potential shift from U16 / U18 to U17 / U19 by USA Hockey to recognize that HS players are older now.

Anon
This is, once again, where MA/NE lags behind the rest of the country. Far from experimental.

T1EHL has a very full, well established U15 full season division, including the Boston Advantage. Would expect the NH Monarchs to add a team next year.

The USPHL has a division for it (U16 Futures) with a number of teams in the Mid-Atlantic region, wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of the local programs add U15 teams next year. Isalnders used to have one, but they mismanaged it into failure.

EJEPL has a division for it, again, mostly Mid-Atlantic, but the Cyclones and Portland are in it.

Just like we saw the change from Bantam major to U14 occur over a two year time frame, this change will be much more obvious locally next year.

Also hearing about a potential shift from U16 / U18 to U17 / U19 by USA Hockey to recognize that HS players are older now.

Should have clarified. Experimental with USA Hockey doing a National Tournament. But not enough teams in MA. Now that there is a NB route, at least for 01s this year and 02s next year, you see more MA teams, at least for the half season. Some of these 02 teams will likely go full season next year. But the 01s were pretty much all just half season trying to get to the National tournament.

Anon
Anon

Should have clarified. Experimental with USA Hockey doing a National Tournament. But not enough teams in MA. Now that there is a NB route, at least for 01s this year and 02s next year, you see more MA teams, at least for the half season. Some of these 02 teams will likely go full season next year. But the 01s were pretty much all just half season trying to get to the National tournament.
I think all the U15 teams at States in MA were half season teams assembled for the tournament, with the possible exception of Selects Academy at SKS. For some reason, the T1EHL teams don't seem concerned about Nattys at any of the Midget levels.

Anon
Anon
Anon

I think all the U15 teams at States in MA were half season teams assembled for the tournament, with the possible exception of Selects Academy at SKS. For some reason, the T1EHL teams don't seem concerned about Nattys at any of the Midget levels.

That's pretty much what it looked like to me. And I'm sure it will be the same next year with the 02s. Guaranteed that they will try to keep that SSK Elite team together and take a run at it again. Same with that Walpole Express team.

That Walpole Express team was outstanding!

Sure they are. They're registered tier 2 team. They got smoked every time they played a real tier 1 team. They were awesome! The only reason they existed was daddy needed a place for Junior to play. Nobody would take him. Nobody wants that baggage. Father or son.

Anon
Sure they are. They're registered tier 2 team. They got smoked every time they played a real tier 1 team. They were awesome! The only reason they existed was daddy needed a place for Junior to play. Nobody would take him. Nobody wants that baggage. Father or son.

Only reason I mentioned Walpole Express team was because it was specifically put together to chase the tournament, not that they were good. And I'm sure he will try again next year for a U15 team, highlighting his own kid.

Anon
Anon

Only reason I mentioned Walpole Express team was because it was specifically put together to chase the tournament, not that they were good. And I'm sure he will try again next year for a U15 team, highlighting his own kid.

They were a joke in U 14 States last month

anon
Anon
Anon

They were a joke in U 14 States last month

They were. And I'm sure that RB will make every excuse in the book for why they were and will put a team together next year as a U15 as well.

Express was the host organization which is why they were let in. That will not happen next year so don't count on them being in the mix

False. They actually qualified via play-in games.

They are a really great team. Very close games...most could have gone either way...

Anon
They are a really great team. Very close games...most could have gone either way...

Lost to the Islanders 5-0 and MMF 7-3. They did beat the Wizards 6-1. They are not a bad team, but great might be pushing it and the games they lost were not close.

All depends upon where you are looking. North, south, west?

Great is pushing it. But after the IHC and Kings in Mass they could compete with all of the other "Elite" teams.

Give me a break people. First, we all know on u14t is a joke year. Second they are registered T2 team. Beat by anybody good. They play soft competition. Check please.

Anon
Give me a break people. First, we all know on u14t is a joke year. Second they are registered T2 team. Beat by anybody good. They play soft competition. Check please.

They were registered with USA Hockey and MA Hockey as a Tier I team. Don't go by MHR. They have their own criteria for deciding who is Tier 1 and Tier 2. But you are correct that the only teams they have beaten are in the bottom of the Tier 1 on MHR and anyone in Tier 2. But nearly all the teams they have played are in the Tier 1 in the EJEPL.

Teams in the EJEPL i'm not tier 1. They are tier 2. Learn your stuff before you come on here and post knucklehead, I mean RB.

Anon
Teams in the EJEPL i'm not tier 1. They are tier 2. Learn your stuff before you come on here and post knucklehead, I mean RB.

Not sure what you didn't understand about my post. There are two different things going on here. Registering as Tier 1 to play in the NB tournament means nothing as far as MHR is concerned. MHR assigns teams to Tier 1 and Tier 2 based on their own criteria. Since the Express were only playing in the EJEPL, they were assigned to the Tier 2. Other teams playing in the EJEPL were assigned to Tier 1 based on the other leagues they played in.

By the way, I'm not RB and don't have any connection to the Express. Since you are an internet tough guy, then I'm sure it makes no difference to you. Also, you may want to learn how to type, especially when you think you are smarter than other people.

Thanks again RB.